Trump Ratchets Up Verbal Attacks on Iran
U.S. President Donald Trump ratcheted up his threats against Iran on Tuesday, saying that an attack by Tehran on "anything American" would "be met with great and overwhelming force."The U.S. leader said that in some instances,"overwhelming will mean obliteration."He dismissed as "very ignorant and insulting" Iran's statement hours earlier saying it was ending the possibility of diplomatic talks with the U.S. after Trump on Monday stiffened economic sanctions against Tehran, specifically targeting the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.Latest US Sanctions Target Iran's Supreme LeaderTrump said Iran's statement "only shows they do not understand reality." He said, "Iran leadership doesn’t understand the words 'nice' or 'compassion,' they never have. Sadly, the thing they do understand is Strength and Power, and the USA is by far the most powerful Military Force in the world, with 1.5 Trillion Dollars invested over the last two years alone."Iran leadership doesn’t understand the words “nice” or “compassion,” they never have. Sadly, the thing they do understand is Strength and Power, and the USA is by far the most powerful Military Force in the world, with 1.5 Trillion Dollars invested over the last two years alone..— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 25, 2019Trump said "the wonderful Iranian people are suffering, and for no reason at all. Their leadership spends all of its money on Terror, and little on anything else." He said the U.S. "has not forgotten" Iran’s use of explosives to kill 2,000 Americans," although it was not immediately clear what attacks he was referring to.....The wonderful Iranian people are suffering, and for no reason at all. Their leadership spends all of its money on Terror, and little on anything else. The U.S. has not forgotten Iran’s use of IED’s & EFP’s (bombs), which killed 2000 Americans, and wounded many more...— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Trump Ratchets Up Verbal Attacks on Iran, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Tuesday, 25 June
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Trump may meet Iran leader despite Saudi attacks: White House Bangkok Post (Today) - WASHINGTON - The White House said on Sunday President Donald Trump may still meet his Iranian counterpart Hassan Rouhani, despite the US accusing Iran of masterminding drone attacks on Saudi...
- Older News
- Vote! Mnuchin: No Meeting Planned Between Trump and Iran's Rouhani VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says President Donald Trump has no plans to meet with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani while he's in New York for the United Nations General Assembly...
- Vote! Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says no plan for Trump to meet Iran's Rouhani at this time CNBC - ASIA (3 days ago) - Mnuchin tells CNBC that Trump's national security team is "executing on a maximum pressure strategy with Iran."...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Tunisia Votes for New President
- - US Congreswoman Ilhan Omar Responds to 9/11 Criticism
- - Syrian Troops Pounding Idlib Despite Ceasefire
- - Australia stocks set to trade subdued; oil prices spike 13% after attacks on Saudi oil production
- - Interior Design for Wellness, Productivity and Profits
- - Tin Shack Printing Factory in Taiwan Bags the Biggest Advertising Account from Japan
- - 5G follies take on new urgency
- - Beetles take over top spot with Trat rout
- - More than 600 Japanese restaurants added in year
- - Trump may meet Iran leader despite Saudi attacks: White House