Trump Ratchets Up Verbal Attacks on Iran
U.S. President Donald Trump ratcheted up his threats against Iran on Tuesday, saying that an attack by Tehran on "anything American" would "be met with great and overwhelming force."The U.S. leader said that in some instances,"overwhelming will mean obliteration."He dismissed as "very ignorant and insulting" Iran's statement hours earlier saying it was ending the possibility of diplomatic talks with the U.S. after Trump on Monday stiffened economic sanctions against Tehran, specifically targeting the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.Latest US Sanctions Target Iran's Supreme LeaderTrump said Iran's statement "only shows they do not understand reality." He said, "Iran leadership doesn’t understand the words 'nice' or 'compassion,' they never have. Sadly, the thing they do understand is Strength and Power, and the USA is by far the most powerful Military Force in the world, with 1.5 Trillion Dollars invested over the last two years alone."Iran leadership doesn’t understand the words “nice” or “compassion,” they never have. Sadly, the thing they do understand is Strength and Power, and the USA is by far the most powerful Military Force in the world, with 1.5 Trillion Dollars invested over the last two years alone..— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 25, 2019Trump said "the wonderful Iranian people are suffering, and for no reason at all. Their leadership spends all of its money on Terror, and little on anything else." He said the U.S. "has not forgotten" Iran’s use of explosives to kill 2,000 Americans," although it was not immediately clear what attacks he was referring to.....The wonderful Iranian people are suffering, and for no reason at all. Their leadership spends all of its money on Terror, and little on anything else. The U.S. has not forgotten Iran’s use of IED’s & EFP’s (bombs), which killed 2000 Americans, and wounded many more...— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Trump Ratchets Up Verbal Attacks on Iran, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Tuesday, 25 June
- Older News
- Vote! Nominee for Top US General: Afghan Withdrawal Would Be ‘Strategic Mistake’ VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - President Donald Trump’s nominee for the top military officer of the United States says leaving Afghanistan prematurely would be a "strategic mistake,” as the U.S. and the Taliban are negotiating...
- Vote! Trump warns Iran sanctions will 'soon be increased substantially' Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump warned Wednesday that sanctions against Iran would soon be "increased substantially" after Tehran said it had exceeded a limit on enriched uranium reserves under a...
- Vote! Iran Warns Britain of 'Repercussions' over Ship Seizure VOA NEWS (5 days ago) - Iran's president said Wednesday that Britain will face ``repercussions'' over the seizure of an Iranian supertanker last week that authorities in Gibraltar suspect was breaching European sanctions on oil shipments...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Haziq Abdul Aziz detained for role in Malaysian sex video implicating minister Azmin Ali
- - Student killed by electrocution in Phuket public park under investigation
- - Pastor confirmed with Ebola as disease spreads in DR Congo
- - Local Afghan Journalist Killed by Unknown Assailants
- - Djokovic saves match points to claim fifth Wimbledon title
- - Tropical Storm Barry Downgraded to Tropical Depression
- - Floods force millions to flee homes in India, Nepal and Bangladesh
- - Investors make DSI complaint against 'forex fraudster'
- - Derailment halts southern train services
- - Koreans find crying babies most annoying on flights