Trump: No More Nuclear Threat from North Korea
U.S. President Donald Trump declared Wednesday, "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea," as he returned home from a summit in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. "Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office," Trump wrote on Twitter. "Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!" Kim agreed Tuesday "to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" during the summit, while Trump unexpectedly said he was suspending military drills with South Korea. Trump on Wednesday said "We save a fortune by not doing war games, as long as we are negotiating in good faith - which both sides are!" The document the two leaders signed did not include details of how and when North Korea would denuclearize, nor did it spell out exactly what "security guarantees" the United States would provide to North Korea. No specifics Critics pointed to the lack of specifics in the agreement while questioning whether Trump gave up too much while securing too little in return during his several hours of talks with Kim in what was the first meeting between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader. Trump has defended the agreement as a major step in dealing with the threat of nuclear-armed North Korea and said he believed Kim's government would start the process of living up to the agreement right away. "Before taking office people were assuming that we were going to War with North Korea," he tweeted Wednesday. "President Obama said that North Korea was our biggest and most dangerous problem. No longer - sleep well tonight!" Former U.S. ambassador Bill Richardson told VOA he is concerned about no verification of what... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Trump: No More Nuclear Threat from North Korea, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Wednesday, 13 June, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Trump Reverses Some Sanctions on N. Korea VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - President Donald Trump on Friday said he was ordering the withdrawal of recently announced North Korea-related sanctions imposed by the U.S. Treasury Department. "It was announced today by the...
- Vote! North Korea Withdraws from Liaison Office with South Korea VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - North Korean has withdrawn its liaison office with South Korea. The North notified the South of the abrupt move Friday at the two Koreas' weekly meeting at their joint offices...
- Vote! North Korea withdraws staff from liaison office, Seoul says SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - North Korea abruptly withdrew its staff from an inter-Korean liaison office in the North on Friday, Seoul officials said.The development will likely put a damper on ties between the Koreas...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Tsunami alert declared for southern Thailand
- - Pheu Thai leads, but PPRP strong second
- - Polls Close in Thailand
- - Thais Cast Ballots Marking "A Return to Democracy"
- - Vigils Against Racism Held In New Zealand
- - Thai military party neck and neck with Pheu Thai opponent
- - PPRP poised to win most votes, Abhisit quits
- - Japan cancels deportation of Taiwanese man in same-sex relationship
- - 1,500 ballots from New Zealand invalidated after late arrival
- - Trash Talk: Tackling waste in Phuket