Trump: Next Summit With N. Korea's Kim to Be After Nov. US Elections
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday his second summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un would be held after U.S. congressional elections on Nov. 6. Speaking to reporters as he flew to Iowa for a political rally, Trump said: "It'll be after the midterms. I just can't leave now." Earlier on Tuesday, Trump told reporters that plans were being made for his second summit with Kim and that he thought "incredible" progress had been made in U.S. talks with the long-isolated North Asian country. He said Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had very good talks with Kim over the weekend and that three or four locations were being considered. Pompeo echoed Trump's comments when he spoke briefly to reporters during a Tuesday afternoon visit to the White House. "While there's still a long way to go and much work to do, we can now see a path where... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Trump: Next Summit With N. Korea's Kim to Be After Nov. US Elections, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Chinese tourists spend big during Chinese New Year holiday
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Dogs attack another boy! Murder suspect on the run! Life in prison? || Feb. 21
- - Patong Police Chief to reign in tourists hooning on motorbikes
- - Chinese embassy ‘disgusted’ after Australian senator Barry O’Sullivan blames ‘Chinaman’ for food safety risk
- - Finnish boy, 5, attacked by stray dogs at Ao Nang, Krabi
- - Two nabbed smuggling kratom into Phuket
- - Police seek clues as fire burns down house
- - Better analysis needed to track down the source of new chemicals in illicit drugs
- - Trump-Kim Summit Crucial Moment for South Korea's Moon
- - Taxi driver charged after collision with motorbike leaves man, 74, dead
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Trump-Kim summit: The sorry fate of North Korea's diplomat defectors BBC News Asia (Today) - As North Korea inches out of diplomatic isolation, what will happen to the diplomats who...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Pompeo: No North Korea Sanctions Relief Until Nuclear Threat Reduced VOA NEWS (Today) - The U.S. does not intend to ease its economic sanctions against North Korea until it...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! 'Trump' and 'Kim' Go Head-to-Head at Hanoi Hair Salon VOA NEWS (Today) - At Hanoi's Tuan Duong Hair Salon, it's all about the haircut homage. As Vietnam's capital...