Trump insists delayed talks do not deter second summit with Kim Jong Un
DESPITE US State Secretary Mike Pompeo’s abrupt postponement of a top-level meeting with Pyongyang officials this week, President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he expected to meet North Korean leader Kim Jong Un early next year. Pompeo and senior North Korean official Kim Yong Chol were scheduled to hold talks on Thursday but The State Department early Wednesday said the talks were has been postponed and be rescheduled “when our respective schedules permit” without elaborating. However, Trump told reporters at the White House the delay was due to “trips that are being made”, without elaborating on the remarks. SEE ALSO: What’s the diplomatic glue that holds Cuba & North Korea together? “We are going to make it … another day,” he said. “But we’re very happy with how it’s going with North Korea. We think it’s going fine. We’re in no rush,” he said, as quoted by Reuters. Trump, who held... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Trump insists delayed talks do not deter second summit with Kim Jong Un, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pulwama attack: Nine killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Human error and outdated IT led to Hakeem al-Araibi's detention, says border force official
- - Election Commission issues defamation warning
- - Saudi visit highlights Pakistan's search for investment
- - Abe Mum on Trump's Claim of Nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - SET ends lower, Indonesia stock market leads Asean peers
- - Maldives arrests former president Abdulla Yameen over witness tampering in money-laundering trial
- - Asia markets set to trade cautiously on renewed US-China tensions
- - The US cannot crush us, says Huawei founder
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Kim Jong-un's 'butler' in Vietnam ahead of Trump-Kim summit BBC News Asia (Today) - Kim Chang-son has been seen checking out potential venues ahead of the summit in Hanoi....
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! North Korea has been building a ‘socialist utopia’ in Samjiyon but it’s now running short on labour SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - In January, thousands of North Korean students travelled to Mount Paektu, a sacred mountain where...
- Older News
- Vote! N. Korea says it faces 'historic turning point' ahead of summit Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SEOUL: North Korea is facing a "significant, historic turning point", state media said on Monday,...