Trump: Apple Can Avoid Tariffs by Shifting Production to US
President Donald Trump concedes that some Apple Inc. products may become more expensive if his administration imposes "massive'' additional tariffs on Chinese-made goods, but he says the tech company can fix the problem by moving production to the U.S. "Start building new plants now. Exciting!'' Trump said Saturday in a tweet aimed at the Cupertino, California, company. This week, Apple said that a proposed additional round of tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese imports would raise prices on some of its products, including the Apple Watch and the Mac mini. The company is highly exposed to a trade war between the U.S. and China. It makes many of its products for the U.S. market in China, and it also sells gadgets including the iPhone in China, making them a potential target for Chinese retaliation against the Trump tariffs. Trump tweeted Saturday that "Apple prices may increase because of the massive... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Trump: Apple Can Avoid Tariffs by Shifting Production to US, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thailand 'ready to meet the Dragons'
- - Thai Buddhist monks killed in temple shooting
- - Five elephants saved from muddy pond
- - China: 'No need' to practice penalties for Thailand match
- - Trump: US 'Made a Lot of Progress' With N. Korea
- - Hakeem al-Araibi: calls grow for inquiry into police role in refugee footballer's arrest
- - Eye on Vietnam, The New Electronics Manufacturing Hub
- - Trump Says a Deal 'Could Very Well Happen' With China
- - ‘Don’t cry’: Serena Consoles Australian Open Foe; Halep Next
- - Activist wants Palang Pracharath donations probed
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Trump Says a Deal 'Could Very Well Happen' With China VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday progress is being made toward a trade deal...