Trump Acknowledges Summit With North Korea's Kim in Doubt
U.S. President Donald Trump said his planned summit with North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un might not take place next month. “If it doesn’t happen, maybe it will happen later,” said Trump. “It may not work out for June 12.” Trump added, however, “There’s a good chance we’ll have the meeting,” terming the preliminary discussions between his administration and North Korean officials, so far, “a good experience.” Trump also said of Kim that “I think he’s absolutely serious” about the planned talks. Trump, speaking in the Oval Office alongside South Korean President Moon Jae-in, explained “there are certain conditions that we want. I think we will get those conditions.” Asked about the conditions, Trump replied, “I’d rather not say.” But he stated that the denuclearization of North Korea “must take place.” North Korea has indicated it might call off the meeting due to disagreements on conditions by the United States... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Trump Acknowledges Summit With North Korea's Kim in Doubt, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Inclusive plan urged to solve insurgency
- - December drop drags 2018 exports
- - Pattaya maps out water safety plan
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Man killed by wild elephants
- - Ghosn vows to stay in Japan if granted bail
- - Boffs to test Premchai's wife's tusks
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Report Reveals Undeclared N. Korean Missile Base Headquarters VOA NEWS (Today) - One of 20 undeclared ballistic missile operating bases in North Korea serves as a missile...
- Vote! Sweden: Envoys' Talks 'Good Preparation' for Trump and Kim VOA NEWS (Today) - Sweden's foreign minister said Monday she hopes talks between American, South Korean and North Korean...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! A Complicated Path to Denuclearization as Trump-Kim Summit Nears VOA NEWS (Today) - Despite the Trump administration asserting there’s been ongoing progress in talks with North Korea over...