Tropical Storm Watch Issued for Barbados as Dorian Nears
A tropical storm watch has been issued for Barbados as the fourth tropical storm of this year's Atlantic hurricane season moves toward the Lesser Antilles. The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami says Tropical Storm Dorian is continuing to move west and could become near hurricane strength over the eastern Caribbean Sea by Tuesday. As of 8 a.m. EDT Sunday, the storm's center was located around 515 miles (828 kilometers) east-southeast of Barbados and was moving west at 13 mph (20 kph). Maximum sustained winds remained at 40 mph (64 kph). The advisory says watches for parts of the Windward and Leeward Islands in the Lesser Antilles will likely be issued later Sunday. It also advises Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti to monitor the storm's progress.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Tropical Storm Watch Issued for Barbados as Dorian Nears, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Sunday, 25 August
- Older News
- Vote! Tropical Storm Humberto Forecast to Strengthen into Hurricane VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - Tropical Storm Humberto is expected to become a hurricane Sunday as it slowly strengthens to the north of the Bahamas, according to the U.S. National Hurricane Center.Weather forecasters have not...
- Vote! Tropical Storm Warning Discontinued in Bahamas VOA NEWS (5 days ago) - The Bahamian government has discontinued a tropical storm warning as Humberto moves away from the island nation struggling to recover from Hurricane Dorian. The U.S. National Hurricane Center said...
- Vote! Tropical Storm Humberto Forms Near Bahamas VOA NEWS (5 days ago) - A tropical depression near the Bahamas has strengthened into Tropical Storm Humberto, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said late Friday night.A tropical storm warning is in effect for the northwest...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Wichit Municipality opens flood-relief donations center
- - Concerns raised again over Phuket wild monkey populations
- - Ex-Japanese Energy Company Executives Acquitted in Fukushima Disaster
- - Water outage to hit Kathu, Koh Kaew
- - PM Prayut donates 100,000 baht to help flood victims
- - Bermuda Battens Down for Category 3 Hurricane Humberto
- - Polarized Politics Deepens Divide Over Who Is a 'Real' American
- - France’s Macron Toughens Immigration Stance Amid Fears of More Asylum Seekers
- - LA 'Tent Cities' Becoming Shantytowns, Expert Says
- - Trump 'Substantially' Increases Iran Sanctions, Blaming Tehran for Saudi Oil Field Attacks