Trade war with China to make Make America Great Again caps more expensive
HATS bearing US President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign slogan “Make America Great Again” (MAGA) will potentially double in price due rising tariffs imposed by Washington amid a trade war with Beijing The Trump administration – which won the 2016 election on the promise of bringing manufacturing jobs back to the United States – announced last week a list of 6000 Chinese products worth some US$200 billion which it proposes to apply tariffs of 10 percent to, according to the Associated Press. Such items would include hats, handbags, furniture, food and agricultural products. SEE ALSO: Trade war: Shenzhen hotel to charge 25 pc more for US citizens The owner of a California-based IncredibleGifts which sells novelty items online told ABC News that the price of MAGA hats on his website would increase from around $9-12 to $20 if the tariffs are imposed. David Lassoff said at present the MAGA hats were made in China but embroidered with the lettering in the US. He told ABC News that his Chinese suppliers were “nervous” about the potential impact of increased tariffs and that IncredibleGifts is stockpiling the items in preparation. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Trade war with China to make Make America Great Again caps more expensive, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIAN CORRESPONDENT - Monday, 16 July, 2018
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - UN seeks to move thousands of Rohingya to island
- - The military-sponsored General Election of Thailand
- - Rights of ‘ordinary people’ in focus as 1 bln vote in Asia
- - Will Asian economies dominate the world in 2050?
- - Pakistan calls for peace with India as it shows off military might at Republic Day parade
- - Parties gear up campaigns on last day
- - EC warns against ballot selfies and betting
- - Judgement day has arrived
- - “Support good people to rule this country,” says King of Thailand on eve of election.
- - Trump sends top officials to Beijing to continue China trade talks