Tourism in Thailand gets back on track with 7.5% growth in visitor arrivals
The Ministry of Tourism and Sports announced the tourism figures for January-November 2018. Thailand received 34,431,489 international visitors, up by 7.53% over the same period of last year, generating an estimated 1.8 billion Baht in tourism revenue, up by 9.79%. The highlight of the results was the fact that seven countries (China, Malaysia, South Korea, Lao PDR., Japan, India, and Russia) have already generated more than one million visitor arrivals, and three more countries (USA, Vietnam and Singapore) were set to follow suit when the full year 2018 results were tabulated. 10 million visitors from China This landmark means that the country has exceeded the 9.5 million Chinese arrivals of 2017 and reached a forecast of 10 million visitors from China for this year– generating about THB 509 billion in revenue. The number also sets a new record for Thailand’s No 1 source market, where TAT has five offices, Beijing,... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Tourism in Thailand gets back on track with 7.5% growth in visitor arrivals, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thailand Business News'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Ex-Nissan Chairman Ghosn Asks for Bail, Promises Not to Flee
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018 Thailand Business News (Yesterday) - Although Thailand’s tourism industry faced some headwinds in 2018, with the world economy slowing...
- Older News
- Vote! ASEAN seeks measures to push sustainable tourism development Thailand Business News (4 days ago) - Nearly 200 delegates, including leaders of national tourism organizations (NTOs) of ASEAN members and...
- Vote! TAT cultivates India as rich source of tourist arrivals Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - India has emerged as an inbound tourism market for Thailand, with arrival numbers expected to...