Tourism in Thailand gets back on track with 7.5% growth in visitor arrivals
The Ministry of Tourism and Sports announced the tourism figures for January-November 2018. Thailand received 34,431,489 international visitors, up by 7.53% over the same period of last year, generating an estimated 1.8 billion Baht in tourism revenue, up by 9.79%. The highlight of the results was the fact that seven countries (China, Malaysia, South Korea, Lao PDR., Japan, India, and Russia) have already generated more than one million visitor arrivals, and three more countries (USA, Vietnam and Singapore) were set to follow suit when the full year 2018 results were tabulated. 10 million visitors from China This landmark means that the country has exceeded the 9.5 million Chinese arrivals of 2017 and reached a forecast of 10 million visitors from China for this year– generating about THB 509 billion in revenue. The number also sets a new record for Thailand’s No 1 source market, where TAT has five offices, Beijing, Shanghai, Kunming, Chengdu and Guangzhou. Top 10 Markets for Thailand in January-November 2018 Rank Nationality No. of Arrivals % Change 1 China 9,697,321 7.86 2 Malaysia 3,569,736 15.52 3 Korea 1,621,237 4.75 4 Laos 1,593,971 4.48 5 Japan 1,502,111 6.82 6 India 1,429,078 12.03 7 Russia 1,267,868 10.33 8 USA 993,631 6.37 9 Vietnam 956,652 10.18 10 Singapore 934,504 3,73 Remark: Preliminary figures Source: Ministry of Tourism and Sports Summary of the key results in January-November 2018 Overview: All regions grew well except the Middle East and Oceania. Visitors from East Asia totalled 23.62 million (+9.21%), Europe 5.91 million (+4.03%), the Americas 1.41 million (+3.70%), South Asia 1.77 million (+11.32%), Oceania 838,713 (-1.40%), the Middle East 683,420 (-6.24%), and Africa 174,565 (+9.63%). East Asia: East Asian visitor arrivals comprised the biggest market share of all visitors. A total of 23.62 million or 68% were from East Asian countries. Apart from China... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Tourism in Thailand gets back on track with 7.5% growth in visitor arrivals, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thailand Business News - Wednesday, 26 December
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Vietnam and Thailand top destinations for Russians Thailand Business News (Yesterday) - The central province of Khanh Haa, home to the famous beach town of Nha Trang city, is much loved by Russian tourists, accounting for one fifth of total foreign arrivals....
- Older News
- Vote! Tourism ministry, NSTDA mull way to cap visitor numbers Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - The Tourism and Sports Ministry is working with the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) to cap the number of visitors at natural destinations in a bid to promote...
- Vote! TAT seeks Nordic growth Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) plans to use travel technology to expand tourism in the Nordic market, where more than 80% of travellers are independent tourists and there are...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - China-Philippines ‘hit and run’: Duterte’s downplaying of the incident is sign of his Beijing dilemma
- - Philippine fishing boat’s sinking in South China Sea was ‘just a collision’, Duterte says
- - Strong earthquake hits southern China; injuries reported
- - Far-right motive seen in German pro-migrant official's murder
- - Book nerd PM: Prayut’s new image?
- - World Bank lends $918 million for Pakistan tax reforms
- - Broker: Gold price poised to rebound
- - Filipinos burn Chinese flags in protest against Duterte’s ‘weak’ response to South China Sea sinking
- - Japan: a man’s world, with a record number of women running for election
- - Hong Kong leader says she's committed to finishing her term and rejects calls for her to quit