Tourism and Sports Minister tells tourists, tourism operators to brace for floods
The Tourism and Sports Minister, Weerasak Kowsurat, has instructed tourism operators in flood-prone provinces of Thailand to brace for floods and immediately evacuate tourists in case of emergency. The Tourism and Sports Minister on Tuesday (Aug 7th) issued warnings to tourists and tourism operators, especially in Phetchaburi province, to prepare themselves for possible flooding. Phetchaburi is one of the flood-prone provinces, as deluge from the Kaeng Krachan Dam could reach the province’s Muang district soon. Mr. Weerasak said the general public should prepare to evacuate to higher ground when necessary. He went on to say that all tourism-related organizations, including the Tourist Police Bureau and provincial tourism and sports offices, have been instructed to conduct an initial assessment of the impact of the flooding in their respective areas, so they can issue swift warnings. Mr. Weerasak said the flood situation has yet to affect the country’s major tourist destinations, and local operators are already prepared to cope with potential flooding. The Tourism and Sports Minister expressed concerned about the road conditions in flooded areas, and advised tourists to check their planned routes in advance. NNT The post Tourism and Sports Minister tells tourists, tourism operators to brace for floods appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Tourism and Sports Minister tells tourists, tourism operators to brace for floods, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Wednesday, 8 August, 2018
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Thailand to tout tourists from Middle East and North Africa Samui Times (Yesterday) - Wego, the largest online travel marketplace in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), has announced its partnership with the Tourism Authority of Thailand, to increase travel demand to the...
- Vote! SURVEY – Do the Tourism Authority of Thailand invent their statistics? Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - The internet has spoken, well The Thaiger’s Facebook page anyway, and there is a strong distrust in the statistics about tourist arrivals issued by the Tourism Authority of Thailand. 83%...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism Samui Times (Yesterday) - The head of the Tourism Authority of Thailand has blamed the high value of the Thai baht for worse than expected tourist figures in the country. He has admitted that...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - Eric Trump Says He Was Spit on at Chicago Cocktail Lounge
- - Study: Cervical Cancer Vaccines Show Major Real-World Impact
- - Rodrigo Duterte backflips on Chinese fishing in Philippine waters, insisting exclusive rights will not be waived
- - Thai car manufacturers upbeat about sales
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Tuk-tuk baby birth! Cop barbershop? Deep south SIM card registry? || June 26
- - 58 bedroom Hotel for lease present in Patong