Tourism and Sports Minister tells tourists, tourism operators to brace for floods
The Tourism and Sports Minister, Weerasak Kowsurat, has instructed tourism operators in flood-prone provinces of Thailand to brace for floods and immediately evacuate tourists in case of emergency. The Tourism and Sports Minister on Tuesday (Aug 7th) issued warnings to tourists and tourism operators, especially in Phetchaburi province, to prepare themselves for possible flooding. Phetchaburi is one of the flood-prone provinces, as deluge from the Kaeng Krachan Dam could reach the province’s Muang district soon. Mr. Weerasak said the general public should prepare to evacuate to higher ground when necessary. He went on to say that all tourism-related organizations, including the Tourist Police Bureau and provincial tourism and sports offices, have been instructed to conduct an initial assessment of the impact of the flooding in their respective areas, so they can issue swift warnings. Mr. Weerasak said the flood situation has yet to affect the country’s major tourist destinations, and... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Tourism and Sports Minister tells tourists, tourism operators to brace for floods, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - 1MDB scandal: former Goldman Sachs banker Robert Ng returning to US to face charges
- - Pakistan rejects links to attack in Indian controlled Kashmir
- - The Retail Summit officially opens
- - Thai fishing industry says new laws are ‘unrealistic’
- - US–South Korea military negotiations could cost the alliance
- - Kashmir car bomb kills 44; India demands Pakistan act against militants
- - Gully boys: The defiant street rappers telling India's story
- - Asia stocks slip following fears of slowing US economy
- - Asia stocks set to slip following fears of slowing US economy
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! DMCR steps up after tourism blast over pile of unused artificial reef blocks at Koh Racha The Phuket News (Today) - PHUKET: The Department of Marine and Coastal Resources (DMCR) will move to tidy up a...
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand takes steps to improve transport safety for tourists Samui Times (Yesterday) - The Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) is joining hands with state agencies including the Department...
- Vote! Tourism Council of Thailand promises to raise standards of tourist safety Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - By Chadamas Chinmaneevong, ttgasia.com The Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) says they are “joining hands with...