Top 10 conditions where medical cannabis was prescribed in 2018
Thailand has legalised Medical Cannabis for prescribed medical use only. The penalty for recreational use of cannabis in Thailand remains a serious matter, where those found in possession of 10 kilograms of herb or less could expect to do up to five years in prison. Anything more and you’re facing life in prison. No information is currently available on the process of obtaining Medical Marijuana and details will follow this year. Here’s our list of the 10 most common conditions Medical Cannabis was has been prescribed for during 2018, outside of Thailand… Multiple Sclerosis Multiple Sclerosis is a disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. Symptoms vary both in type and severity, but typically include pain, spasms, balance issues, tingling, vision problems and more. Cannabis based medicinal extracts can significantly reduce the spasticity and pain associated with Multiple Sclerosis while having few adverse effects on patients. Spinal Cord Injury Caused by trauma to the spine, spinal cord injuries are known to affect motor skills and can potentially lead to a total loss of function in some parts of the body. Research suggests cannabis can help patients treat the pain and muscle spasms that are often symptomatic of a spinal cord injury. Cannabis medicinal extracts can improve neurogenic symptoms unresponsive to standard treatments. Spinal Cord Disease Multiple Sclerosis, Spina Bifida, Syringomyelia and Spinal Stenosis can all be considered examples of spinal cord disease. Patients living with a spinal cord disease may find therapeutic value in using cannabis based medicine, thanks to cannabis’ ability to alleviate spasticity and pain – two of the most common symptoms associated with spinal cord disease. Cancer While cannabis cannot cure cancer, it can drastically reduce the severity of symptoms and improve quality of life for patients. THC and CBD (two of the key active components found in... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Top 10 conditions where medical cannabis was prescribed in 2018, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Wednesday, 9 January
- Older News
- Vote! STUDY: Daily marijuana use increases risk of psychotic disorder Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - The legalisation of medical-use marijuana continues to sweep across the globe, recently in Thailand where the roll-out and enactment of practical uses of the new legislation are underway. But this...
- Vote! University to launch cannabis medicine in 5 years Samui Times (4 days ago) - Naresuan University (NU) plans to begin introducing high-quality cannabis-derived medicines in about five years. “Our research has begun,” said Associate Professor Dr Kornkanok Ingkaninan, who teaches pharmaceutical chemistry at NU. ...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - 5 Killed in Shooting in China's Inner Mongolia
- - New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to meet Xi Jinping in Beijing amid tensions over Huawei
- - The most questionable election in Thai history?
- - Children Baby & Maternity Exhibition 2019 to Soar Entrepreneurs Improving Quality for Business Growth
- - Hanoi Kicks Off Construction Of Formula One Race Track
- - Thaksin: Election 'rigged' as allies challenge army
- - Who won Thailand’s election? Stand-off as military-backed Palang Pracharat and Shinawatra proxy Pheu Thai both claim victory
- - Outgoing Philippine labour official Jalilo Dela Torre urges domestic workers in Hong Kong to go for more health checks
- - Rodrigo Duterte photographed with suspected Chinese ‘drug lords’, says former narcotics official
- - 'More bumps in the road' before US-China trade deal, former Treasury Secretary Jack Lew warns