Three Cities in Thailand among the 20 Most-visited Destinations in the World
Three cities in Thailand, Bangkok, Phuket, and Pattaya, have been listed among the 20 most-visited destinations in the world, according to Mastercard’s Global Destination Cities Index (GDCI) 2018. Bangkok retains its ranking as the world’s most-visited city for the third consecutive year. About 20.05 million travelers visited Bangkok in 2017, with the average length of stay at 4.7 nights, and average spending at US$173 (5,500 baht) a day. Since 2012, Thailand’s capital city has topped the survey five times. In the GDCI 2018, Phuket, with 9.29 million tourists, came in 12th place, and Pattaya 18th, with 8.67 million visitors. According to Mastercard, the fact that Thailand has three cities in the top 20 reflects the country’s infrastructure stability and perfect mix of business and leisure opportunities, as well as its unique culture and affordability, in comparison with other global metropolitan areas. The government’s efforts are also an important contributor to... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Three Cities in Thailand among the 20 Most-visited Destinations in the World, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - State weighs impact of 5G bid delay
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Chinese Leader Meets with US Trade Delegation in Beijing
- - Vietnamese airlines get access to US for first time
- - 19 injured after bus crashes into Sa Kaeo property
- - Ko Ni: Gunman gets death penalty in murder of Myanmar Muslim lawyer
- - Indonesian plantation firms dodge US$220 million in unpaid fines years after disastrous land fires
- - There are 'encouraging signs' from Singapore Airlines' earnings, analyst says
- - All signs point to more money pouring into Chinese markets this year
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand loses its ‘cheap living’ reputation – Numbeo Phuket Gazette (4 days ago) - Many of Thailand’s most popular tourist and retiree destinations are becoming the most expensive places...
- Vote! Cost of living in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and Chiang Mai among the highest in ASEAN Samui Times (5 days ago) - Many of the destinations popular with expats and foreign retirees to Thailand are some of...
- Vote! Bangkok 2nd most expensive city in ASEAN Thailand Business News (6 days ago) - Bangkok has now become the second most expensive city to live in within ASEAN,...