This 12-Year-Old Built an Underwater Robot to Fight Plastic Pollution
Jan 06, 2019 Picture: Her project is called ‘Developing a Smart Infrared Based ROV to Identify Microplastics in Marine Environments’ – ROV stands for remotely operated vehicle. Inspired by a visit to the beach, where she was struck by the volume of plastic littering the sand, Du has developed an underwater vehicle fitted with an infrared camera that can detect plastic resting on the seabed. The problem of plastic pollution in the ocean is widely acknowledged and well documented. Yet solutions are still only starting to take shape. The remains of a sperm whale found in Indonesia in mid-November demonstrate the extent of the plastic pollution problem. (Read: Taiwan & Indonesia Singing the Blues for the Seas) Almost 6 kg of plastic waste was found in the animal’s stomach, including 115 cups. Plastic has even been found inside freshwater fish living in the Amazon basin. Fish ranging in size... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, This 12-Year-Old Built an Underwater Robot to Fight Plastic Pollution, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIA TODAY'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions
- - The first round of GTI Taipei & Online Games Expo 2019
- - Hakeem al-Araibi: Bahrain says refugee footballer's life is not in danger
- - BOI recorded 900 bn baht investment applications in 2018
- - Exhibition and business meeting event providing the latest information to supermarkets and the food distribution industry
- - Wissanu wants poll March 24
- - Spokesman: Myanmar Army Kills 13 Rebels in Rakhine Clashes
- - North Korea's Kim Yong-chol meets Mike Pompeo in Washington
- - Café Malaysia 2019 celebrates the country’s dynamic coffee culture and its world class achievements
- - Radical Cleric Linked to Bali Bombing to Be Freed from Prison
- Older News
- Vote! Robot assistants rolling into stores Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - SEEKONK, Massachusetts: A wheeled robot named Marty is rolling into nearly 500 grocery stores to...
- Vote! Haze puts city on red alert Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - The government is stepping up efforts to fight the worsening, detrimental effects of air pollution...
- Vote! Bangkok fires water cannon into the air to fight pollution Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - The capital fired water cannon into the hot tropical air and hosed down streets on...