Third North-South Korea Summit Set for Mid-September
The leaders of North and South Korea will hold their third summit in Pyongyang from September 18-20. Chung Eui-yong, the national security advisor to South Korean President Moon Jae-in, announced the dates Thursday in Seoul, a day after he led a delegation to the North Korean capital to finalize the arrangements. Chung said President Moon and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will focus on specific measures to achieve denuclearization. Chung personally delivered a letter from Moon to Kim during the trip. North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency issued a statement Thursday saying it is Kim Jong Un's "will to completely remove the danger of armed conflict and horror of war from the Korean peninsula and turn it into the cradle of peace without nuclear weapons and free from nuclear threat." The summit will be the third between Moon and Kim this year; the previous two were held in... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Third North-South Korea Summit Set for Mid-September, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Analysis: China Pulling out All Stops in Canada Tensions
- - Phuket lifeguard, 19, dies in motorbike crash
- - Don’t rip off tourists – be good hosts! – Pattaya tourism leader implores Thais
- - Exclusive: Sri Lanka says has $300 million loan offer from Bank of China, may increase to $1 billion
- - Top court orders compensation for Myanmar workers
- - Belarus Model Arrested for Thai Sex Seminar Pleads Guilty
- - 'Made in China 2025' Feels Trade War Pinch
- - Germany hold 'Iran spy' over Afghan ops
- - Robert Schellenberg case: China accuses Canada of 'double standards'
- - US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he’ll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! S. Korea Removes 'Enemy' Reference to N. Korea in New Defense Report VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - South Korea has dropped a reference to North Korea as its “enemy” in the military’s...
- Older News
- Vote! What the next Trump-Kim Summit could end up costing Vietnam ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (2 days ago) - IT’S looking increasingly likely that Vietnam will be chosen to host the second summit between...
- Vote! Reports: Kim Jong Un Tells Xi Jinping He’s Committed to 2nd US Summit VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has concerns about deadlocked denuclearization talks with the United...