"They bombed our livelihoods": Sri Lanka's tourism firms struggle after attacks
Pearl Divers, a diving school on one of Sri Lanka's most popular southern beaches, shut shop for two months after suicide bombers attacked churches and hotels on the island on Easter Sunday, killing about 250 people. It had no customers as tourists cancelled holidays, and its manager Nuwan Harshana says he took two months leave and a pay cut. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, "They bombed our livelihoods": Sri Lanka's tourism firms struggle after attacks, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: REUTERS ASIA NEWS - Monday, 15 July
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Sri Lanka withdraws emergency law imposed after Easter attacks REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - Sri Lanka on Friday withdrew an emergency law imposed after Easter Sunday attacks in April, a military spokesman said. ...
- Older News
- Vote! U.S. warns Sri Lanka on investment, military ties after army chief promotion REUTERS ASIA NEWS (3 days ago) - A senior U.S. State Department official warned on Tuesday that Sri Lanka's appointment of a war veteran accused of serious human rights violations as head of its army could affect...
- Vote! Sri Lanka says international criticism over new army chief 'unwarranted' REUTERS ASIA NEWS (3 days ago) - Sri Lanka on Tuesday brushed aside as "unwarranted and unacceptable" international criticism of its decision to name a war veteran accused of human rights violations as its army chief. ...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Climate change turns Greenland into strategic, economic hotspot
- - Hong Kong protesters target airport week after arrivals hall mayhem
- - UN: Myanmar Military Intended to Perpetrate Genocide Against Rohingya Muslims
- - Jewish Groups Speak Out Against Trump Immigration Policy
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Under Way
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Underway
- - US Tells Canada It's Urging China to Free Detained Canadians
- - New Sudan Sovereign Council Woman Vows to Uphold Rights of All
- - France, Greece To push for EU Solidarity on Migrant Crisis
- - South Korea Scrapping Intel Pact Strains US Alliance