The US-China trade war is intensifying, but at what cost?
THE trade war between China and the United States looks set to intensify after Beijing threatened retaliation to a US proposal to slap a 25 percent tariff on US$200 billion of imported Chinese goods. The administration of US President Donald Trump initially set the tariff hike at 10 percent but decided to up the ante in a bid to pressure China into making trade concessions, a source told Reuters on Tuesday. The tariffs would cover thousands of Chinese imports, including food products, chemicals, steel and aluminium and consumer goods ranging from dog food, furniture and carpets to car tires, bicycles, baseball gloves and beauty products. Despite Trump’s efforts to cow China into retreat, Beijing is showing no signs of backing down. Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told a daily news briefing in Beijing on Wednesday that US pressure on trade won’t work, and that Beijing has always upheld using dialogue... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, The US-China trade war is intensifying, but at what cost?, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Pulwama attack: India warns of backlash against Kashmiri Muslims
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- Older News
- Vote! Here's a blueprint for investors trading the different China-US trade war outcomes CNBC - ASIA (6 days ago) - Citi published Tuesday a China trade deal strategy that detailed how its clients can best...