The Philippines' pivot toward China has yet to pay off, as Manila awaits promised funds
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte began warming up to China in exchange for promised investments two years ago, but Beijing has yet to hold to its side of the bargain.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, The Philippines' pivot toward China has yet to pay off, as Manila awaits promised funds, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'CNBC - ASIA'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- - Uighur escapee caught, three more sought
- - Bollywood's first major LGBTQ film
- - Planting the seeds of mindfulness and beauty
- - Democrats confident of bagging 20 House seats in Bangkok
- - Reading elections in the stars
- - China Rebuffs Germany's Call for US Missile Deal With Russia
- - New Zealand bans Huawei, China has message for New Zealand
- - The week that shook Thai politics – and what comes next
- Older News
- Vote! Philippines arrests journalist Maria Ressa on libel charge Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - MANILA: Philippine journalist Maria Ressa, who has repeatedly clashed with President Rodrigo Duterte, was arrested...
- Vote! Five years on, Canada’s dumped garbage is still causing a big stink in the Philippines SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (5 days ago) - “Dear Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, please repatriate your garbage: it stinks.” That’s the message from...
- Vote! Duterte wants to rename the Philippines Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - MANILA: Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is advocating to change the nation’s name one day to...