Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
Although Thailand’s tourism industry faced some headwinds in 2018, with the world economy slowing and a boat disaster in Phuket, the country still remains a hugely popular destination. The total number of foreign tourists from the top 10 countries is now accounting for a total of 26.3 million people, or 69% of arrivals in Thailand. Moreover when combining the five most important source countries (namely China, Malaysia, South Korea, Laos and Japan), the figure shows 19.9 millions, or more than 50% of the foreign entries in Thailand for 2018. More than 10 million Chinese tourists Such a concentration on the top five providers has a lot to do with the fact that during the last decade Thailand has been a hugely popular destination among Chinese tourists. Chinese tourists now account for more than 30% of tourism revenues in Thailand. During the summer, and the following months of September and October, the number of tourists from China had dropped significantly, due to a boat tragedy in Phuket which killed more than 45 people, mostly Chinese, But according to the latest estimations the number of Chinese tourists has picked up and is to be significantly higher than 10 million in 2018, a 7% increase from last year.. Top 10 tourists traveling to Thailand in 2018 10.6 million Chinese tourists4.1 million Malaysian tourists1.8 million South Korean tourists1.8 million Laos tourists1.6 million Japanese tourists1.5 million Russian tourists1.5 million Indian tourists1.3 Million Singaporean tourists1.1 million Vietnamese tourists1.1 million U.S. tourists (Note: preliminary estimate information by TAT) The post Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018 appeared first on Thailand Business News. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thailand Business News - Sunday, 20 January, 2019
- Older News
- Vote! Smart cities option to deal with glut Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - Thailand risks being overwhelmed by tourism within the next decade as the "Thailand Towards 2030: Future of Travel & Tourism" report indicated the capacity of airports and the transport system...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - BMA threatens to fine repeated sidewalk riders Bt3,000
- - 3 bedroom Modern townhouses for sale Rawai
- - Hong Kong's Quietly Confrontational Protest
- - Facebook user thanks cat for unearthing husband’s hidden treasure
- - Tourism minister orders study of Pattaya as model for 4am closing time
- - New traffic law: Just taking a picture of your licence and showing on your phone is not enough
- - Noodle vendor claims they urinated in the broth “to cure muscle aches”
- - Don Mueang Airport: 20 more immigration counters to open this week
- - Are DRC, Mozambique Insurgencies a Real IS Threat? Or an Attention Grab?
- - DRC, Mozambique Insurgencies Need Local Responses, Experts Say