Thailand still a destination of choice for money conscious expats
Thailand remains a popular destination for expats due to its low cost of living, a new survey has revealed. Thailand was ranked in 4th place for cost of living behind Bulgaria (1st), Mexico (2nd) and Vietnam (3rd) in the Expat Insider 2018 survey. Thailand also ranked in 6th place in the survey’s Personal Finance Index, which is based on “expats’ perception of their financial situation and whether they consider their income enough to cover all living expenses.” The results echo a survey carried out by Thaivisa earlier this year which revealed that many expats in Thailand are able to live on less than 45,000 baht per month. Despite featuring highly in the Personal Finance & Cost of Living Indices, overall Thailand trailed behind other Southeast Asian nations as a popular destination for expats. According to the survey carried out by InterNations, Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia are all preferred destinations for expats in Southeast Asia. Overall Thailand ranked 18th place, behind Singapore (5th), Vietnam (14th) and Malaysia (17th). ASEAN countries ranked ranked below Thailand were the Philippines (28), Indonesia (50) and Myanmar (53). InterNations revealed its findings after 18,135 expats living in 187 countries or territories completed an online survey between 15 Feb to 7 March this year. Respondents were asked to rank a country based on a number of factors such as quality of life, ease of settling in, working abroad, family life, personal finance and cost of living. Overall Bahrain came in 1st place for the second year in a row, followed by Taiwan (2nd) and Ecuador (3rd). Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and India were ranked in the bottom three. You can read the survey in full here [PDF] Thai Visa The post Thailand still a destination of choice for money conscious expats appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thailand still a destination of choice for money conscious expats, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Sunday, 9 September, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! How is life for 3 ex-Expats who have returned to UK? Samui Times (5 days ago) - Chances are for many working expats that at some stage they will return back to their domestic countries, some via their own choosing and others just a shift in market...
- Vote! Expats rate Thailand as 25th best spot Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - Thailand ranked 25th out of 64 destinations to live and work worldwide in the Expat Insider 2019 survey by InterNations....
- Vote! Bangkok retains crown as top destination Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - The annual Mastercard Global Destination Cities Index has again named Bangkok the No.1 destination city globally and in Asia-Pacific, with more than 22 million international overnight visitors....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Sihanoukville airport expansion gets nod
- - CDC Activates Emergency Measures to Combat E-Cigarette Use
- - New York Prosecutors Seek 8 Years of Trump Tax Returns
- - Panel: Full-Scale War Looms in South Sudan One Year After Peace Accord Signed
- - Chinese American Couple Charged With Theft of Trade Secrets From Ohio Hospital
- - US Service Member Killed in Action in Afghanistan
- - Railing Against Corruption, Democratic White House Hopeful Warren Rallies Thousands in NY
- - Investors poured US$45 billion into Indian stock market but now Modi ‘euphoria’ is wearing off
- - Elon Musk testified he worried Thai cave rescuer might be 'another Jeffrey Epstein'
- - Musk hires detective to probe man who sued over ‘pedo guy’ tweet