Thailand signals more tolerant refugee policy
The immigration police chief vowed Wednesday not to force refugees to return home "involuntarily", after a Saudi woman's desperate plea for resettlement drew global attention to a country that does not recognise asylum seekers.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Thailand signals more tolerant refugee policy, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Bangkok Post'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- - Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
- - Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
- - Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call
- Older News
- Vote! Refugee footballer thanks Australian leader for freedom Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - CANBERRA: A refugee football player who was detained in Thailand for three months under threat...
- Vote! ‘He is free’: refugee footballer Hakeem al-Araibi heads home to Australia after Bahrain drops extradition bid and Thailand releases him SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (5 days ago) - A refugee Bahraini footballer with residency status in Australia boarded a flight for Melbourne early...