Thailand: Police shutdown press discussion on Burma Rohingya Crisis
AUTHORITIES in Thailand shut down a panel discussion organised by foreign journalists to discuss human rights abuses in Burma (Myanmar) and whether the military generals should face justice. According to a statement from the organisers, the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Thailand (FCCT), police raided the event on Monday as “the discussion might be used by ‘third parties’ to cause unrest and endanger national security.” This is the sixth event organised by the FCCT to be cancelled since the military staged a coup 2014. The organisation insisted there were “no grounds whatever for such suspicions” as they have held similar events, over decades, none of which have led to any “unrest of subversion.” #Thai authorities shut down @FCCThai event on accountability in #Myanmar stating its a threat to national security. In the photo one police officer stands at the side of the stage as FCCT reads the police order to shut... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Thailand: Police shutdown press discussion on Burma Rohingya Crisis, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thailand 'ready to meet the Dragons'
- - Thai Buddhist monks killed in temple shooting
- - Five elephants saved from muddy pond
- - China: 'No need' to practice penalties for Thailand match
- - Trump: US 'Made a Lot of Progress' With N. Korea
- - Hakeem al-Araibi: calls grow for inquiry into police role in refugee footballer's arrest
- - Eye on Vietnam, The New Electronics Manufacturing Hub
- - Trump Says a Deal 'Could Very Well Happen' With China
- - ‘Don’t cry’: Serena Consoles Australian Open Foe; Halep Next
- - Activist wants Palang Pracharath donations probed
- Older News
- Vote! Asean foreign ministers pledge vital role in Rohingya crisis Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - CHIANG MAI: Foreign ministers of the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations agreed at an...
- Vote! PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: US gov’t shutdown affecting Phuket? Sunscreen affecting coral! More South Thai bombings! || Jan. 18 The Phuket News (2 days ago) - PHUKET XTRA - January 18 US government shutdown affecting Phuket tsunami buoy? |:| Sunscreen affecting...
- Vote! US Govt shutdown prevents tsunami-warning buoy going live The Phuket News (2 days ago) - PHUKET: The US government shutdown due Congressional appropriations has left the tsunami-warning buoy deployed off...