Thailand elections: vote-counting begins after calm polling day with King Vajiralongkorn urging subjects to back ‘good people’
Thai election officials have begun counting votes in Sunday’s closely watched general election after polls closed at 5pm local time, with unofficial results expected within three hours.The election commission earlier projected that around 80 per cent of the 51.2 million registered voters cast their vote in 92,320 polling stations across the country’s 77 provinces. The polls are Thailand’s sixth in two decades, and like in the previous five elections, there are two major blocs vying for power –…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thailand elections: vote-counting begins after calm polling day with King Vajiralongkorn urging subjects to back ‘good people’, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Sunday, 24 March
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Poll reruns underway in five provinces Bangkok Post (Today) - New elections are now being held at six polling stations in five provinces, including Bangkok, from 8am to 5pm, as ordered by the Election Commission....
- Older News
- Vote! Sandiaga Emerges From Defeat in Indonesian Election as Presidential Material VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - As Indonesia’s presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto stood on stage claiming a victory in this year’s general elections that few could believe, Sandiaga “Sandi” Uno, his running mate, watched on from...
- Vote! Indonesia election: 10 policemen, six polling officers die of fatigue SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - As Indonesia awaits the official results of Wednesday’s general elections, the tragic cases of polling officers and policemen who reportedly died due to extreme fatigue have gained the attention of...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - City edge Spurs to go top
- - Smallest baby finally goes home
- - Hong Kong tour groups and flight crews safe in Sri Lanka after bombings kill scores across the country on Easter Sunday
- - Checkmate Manila: pawns, paws and a grand chess game in the Philippine capital
- - Unesco project aims to give prominent women the recognition they deserve
- - Hong Kong tour groups safe in Sri Lanka after bombings kill 137 across the country on Easter Sunday
- - 138 dead as blasts hit Sri Lanka churches, hotels
- - Easter Day bombs kill 138 in attacks on Sri Lankan churches, hotels
- - Comic poised to take over presidency in Ukraine vote
- - A month after IS 'caliphate' defeated, challenges aplenty