Thailand cave rescue: boys may spend months trapped underground, rescuers warn – live
Divers have found the football team in the Tham Luang Nang Non cave but experts warn it may be months before they can be safely rescuedFull report: Twelve boys missing in Thai cave found alive after nine days 3.48am BST Channel News Asia reports that the Thai prime minister has held a telephone conference with the rescuers at the cave, expressing his happiness that they have found the boys.Meanwhile in Bangkok, Thai PM Prayuth held a teleconference with the rescue operations in Chiang Rai, expressing his happiness about the breakthrough at #ThamLuang cave. https://t.co/k0mE2URaLq 3.43am BST Two volunteer British cave divers who were the first to locate 12 Thai teenagers missing for nine days are world-leaders in cave rescue, and have frequently worked together on major search and rescue operations around the globe. 3.21am BST The trapped group of 12 boys and their football coach will be supplied with four months’ worth of food and get diving training, the military said, as focus shifted to the tricky task of evacuating the group from the complex underground system.The boys aged between 11 and 16, were discovered with their 25-year-old coach late Monday, huddled on a ledge deep inside a flooded cave nine days after they became trapped in a pitch black cave hemmed by rising floodwaters. 3.01am BST An Australian cave diving expert says the operation to save 12 boys and a football coach trapped in a Thai cave is likely to take months.Peter Wolf, the national director of the Cave Divers Association of Australia, said getting the group out any sooner was not viable given the boys could not swim. 2.54am BST The front pages of the English language Thai newspapers don’t have the news of the rescue on them, as they went to press before divers made contact with... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thailand cave rescue: boys may spend months trapped underground, rescuers warn – live, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: The Guardian - Monday, 2 July, 2018
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Why the Chinese are infinitely more important than Western tourists to Thailand Phuket Gazette (Today) - OPINION by Dan Cheeseman – Dan About Thailand We need to wake up and smell the roses, us Westerners are no longer an important group for the Thailand tourism industry...
- Older News
- Vote! Two young boys drown trying to cool down in Sa Kaew pond Samui Times (2 days ago) - Two young boys drowned on Monday after they sneaked from their homes in Sa Kaew’s Wattana Nakhon district to swim in a village pond, police said. Police said the two...
- Vote! Philippines hit by second quake as rescuers race to find survivors trapped by debris SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Philippine rescuers raced on Tuesday to reach some two dozen people feared buried under a building near Manila that collapsed a day earlier in a deadly earthquake, as a powerful...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Seastead lifted ashore at Phuket port
- - Governor pushes water-shortage solutions
- - Philippines' Duterte says to sail garbage back to Canada
- - Indonesia election fraud allegations are "baseless”: minister
- - Who is Zahran Hashim, the radical cleric linked to Sri Lanka bombings?
- - With China Defiant on Iranian Oil, Trump's Sanctions Strategy is Tested
- - Myanmar: Reuters journalists’ rejected appeal a tragic denial of justice
- - NBA wants to reach more basketball fans in China. Tencent and Bytedance may help provide the answer
- - Girl forced into relationship, 7 years later learns he's married
- - Psychiatric report will determine if snake man is charged