Thailand back on track in the Asian Cup after win over Bahrain
Chanathip “Messi Jay” Songkrasin helped to drag Thailand football back on track at this year’s Asian Cup. The revitalised team won a 1-0 win over Bahrain in their Group A match at the Al-Maktoum Stadium in Dubai last night. The victory over Bahrain was the first positive sign after switching coaches, as the War Elephants won only their second match ever in the continental tournament being played in the United Arab Emirates. The Thailand football association sacked Serbian coach Milovan Rajevac following Sunday’s 4-1 defeat by India. The team promptly appointed his assistant, Sirisak Yodyardthai, as an interim coach for the team. The new coach didn’t waste any time and made five changes to the team before last night’s match. The Thai team were also were helped by some wayward finishing from Bahrain, who managed only three shots on target out of 15 attempts, all handled cleanly in the Thai goal. Thailand grew in confidence as Bahrain failed to translate its dominance into goals, and Chanathip broke the deadlock in the 58th minute after Tristan Do’s cross was deflected into his path by Bahrain defender Ahmed Ali Juma. The post Thailand back on track in the Asian Cup after win over Bahrain appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thailand back on track in the Asian Cup after win over Bahrain, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Thursday, 10 January
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - UN seeks to move thousands of Rohingya to island
- - The military-sponsored General Election of Thailand
- - Rights of ‘ordinary people’ in focus as 1 bln vote in Asia
- - Will Asian economies dominate the world in 2050?
- - Pakistan calls for peace with India as it shows off military might at Republic Day parade
- - Parties gear up campaigns on last day
- - EC warns against ballot selfies and betting
- - “A clean and fair election”, EC assures international delegates
- - “Support good people to rule this country,” says King of Thailand on eve of election.
- - Trump sends top officials to Beijing to continue China trade talks