Thailand back on track in the Asian Cup after win over Bahrain
Chanathip “Messi Jay” Songkrasin helped to drag Thailand football back on track at this year’s Asian Cup. The revitalised team won a 1-0 win over Bahrain in their Group A match at the Al-Maktoum Stadium in Dubai last night. The victory over Bahrain was the first positive sign after switching coaches, as the War Elephants won only their second match ever in the continental tournament being played in the United Arab Emirates. The Thailand football association sacked Serbian coach Milovan Rajevac following Sunday’s 4-1 defeat by India. The team promptly appointed his assistant, Sirisak Yodyardthai, as an interim coach for the team. The new coach didn’t waste any time and made five changes to the team before last night’s match. The Thai team were also were helped by some wayward finishing from Bahrain, who managed only three shots on target out of 15 attempts, all handled cleanly in the Thai goal. Thailand grew in confidence as Bahrain failed to translate its dominance into goals, and Chanathip broke the deadlock in the 58th minute after Tristan Do’s cross was deflected into his path by Bahrain defender Ahmed Ali Juma. The post Thailand back on track in the Asian Cup after win over Bahrain appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thailand back on track in the Asian Cup after win over Bahrain, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Thursday, 10 January
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Trump Tells US Women’s Soccer Star Not to ‘Disrespect Our Country’ VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - U.S. Women’s National Team soccer star Megan Rapinoe took the Internet by storm when she said she wouldn't visit the White House if the team won the ongoing Women’s FIFA...
- Older News
- Vote! Somyot asks govt to clarify its stance on World Cup bid Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - Football Association of Thailand president Somyot Poompunmuang has called on the government to make its plans for a joint bid to host the World Cup with their Southeast Asian neighbours...
- Vote! Council says tourism on track despite headwinds Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - Thailand's tourism growth is on track, with the number of international arrivals set to reach 9 million in the second quarter of 2019 despite several negative factors, according to the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - Eric Trump Says He Was Spit on at Chicago Cocktail Lounge
- - Rodrigo Duterte backflips on Chinese fishing in Philippine waters, insisting exclusive rights will not be waived
- - Thai car manufacturers upbeat about sales
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Tuk-tuk baby birth! Cop barbershop? Deep south SIM card registry? || June 26
- - 58 bedroom Hotel for lease present in Patong
- - US Supreme Court Limits Access to Commercial Data Shared With Federal Agencies