Thai woman arrested for killing German husband in 10 million baht insurance scam
A Thai woman has been arrested by the Crime Suppression Division for allegedly having planned and murdered her husband with the aid of her Thai lover, to get their hands on a 10 million baht insurance compensation claim back in 2006, 13 years ago. CSD Commander Pol Maj-General Jirapol Phuridej said Angkhana Moshammer (not official spelling) was arrested in front of her rented house in Kanchanaburi’s Phanom Thuan district yesterday. Police are still hunting for her alleged accomplish, Surachai Saensawang. Angkhana was arrested under a warrant issued by the Nakhon Sawan Court on July 3, 2006. Police allege the two shot dead Winfret Moshamer (not official spelling) on April 1, 2006 on a road in Nakhon Sawan’s Muang district. Angkhana then told police that her husband was killed by a teenager in a road-rage incident. Police found discrepancies in her story, so the CSD opened an investigation and built a case that the suspect had collaborated with her lover to kill the German husband with the hope of receiving his 10 million baht in insurance money. The CSD later found out that Angkhana had moved to Kanchanaburi to make her living as a roti vendor. She was charged with collaborating with another to commit a premeditated murder, possessing a firearm without a licence and carrying a gun in public. She has denied all charges. SOURCE: The Nation The post Thai woman arrested for killing German husband in 10 million baht insurance scam appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thai woman arrested for killing German husband in 10 million baht insurance scam, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Tuesday, 15 January
- Older News
- Vote! Man held for duping farmers into growing date palm Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - A man who allegedly swindled farmers in the North out of 10 million baht in a date palm seedlings scam has been arrested in Maha Sarakham province after six years...
- Vote! Save Money on Insurance, Why Work With An Independent Insurance Agent? ASIA ONE NEWS (3 days ago) - Oftentimes consumers seek out more affordable rates for their car insurance, home insurance, life insurance, and more. Here are some common questions, “Where is the best place to find better...
- Vote! British woman raped on Koh Phi Phi, Thai man arrested Samui Times (4 days ago) - A Thai man has been arrested and charged with the rape of a British tourist on Koh Phi Phi. The man, who has not been named, is understood to be...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Electricity supply cuts in Kathu
- - Police hunt for lifelong serial sex offender, rapist with mental problems at large in Phuket Town
- - Washington student, Denver man among the dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- - Amazon Curtailing Business Operations in China
- - Opponents of Egypt's Constitutional Reforms Call for 'no' Vote
- - Trump Calls Sri Lankan PM, Expresses Condolences After Deadly Blasts
- - Police hunt for man for allegedly murdering ex-wife, mother-in-law
- - Denmark’s richest man, billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen, loses three children in Sri Lanka blasts
- - Two Spanish citizens killed in Sri Lanka attacks: Foreign Ministry
- - Sri Lanka PM not alerted to warning of attack because of feud: minister