Thai Wah Public Company Limited Acquired 33.3% Shares in Tapioca Development Corporation Limited from Japan Corn Starch, Tokyo Japan
May 22, 2019 TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Thai Wah Public Company Limited (“TWPC”), a listed company in Thailand, informed Japan Corn Starch (“JCS”) of its intention to acquire JCS’s 33.3% shares in Tapioca Development Corporation Limited (“TDC”) in order to potentially relocate the factory located in Pattaya Beach, Thailand, based on the expiration of the original lease agreement entered into thirty years ago. TWPC strongly requested JCS to transfer all of JCS stake in TDC for the smooth restructuring of TDC due to the expiration of the lease agreement. JCS understood TDC’s business strategy and its necessity to perform its obligation set forth in the lease agreement with its land owner for the lease of the land where the TDC’s factory has operated for thirty years. Therefore, JCS decided to agree to transfer all of its shares in TDC. Given the foregoing background, effective as of April 24, 2019, JCS completed the transfer of all of its shares (33.33%) in TDC to Thai Wah Bio Power Limited (“TWBP”) which is a subsidiary company of TWPC. TDC is a manufacturer and distributor of modified starch in Thailand, and it was anticipated that the lease agreement with the land owner of the site of the factory in Pattaya Beach Thailand would not be renewed. Since 1989, JCS has been an equal partner with TWPC and a US/European Company and has owned a 33.33% shareholder of TDC. After the transfer, JCS will continue to maintain its tapioca business through its own network nurtured in Thailand and other countries in the South East Asia and expand its starch business including distribution of highly sophisticated modified starch products in order to replace its current Thai business through TDC. Contacts [For press inquiries] Person in Charge Tomohiko Sato Public Relations Department Japan Corn Starch Co., Ltd. TEL: +81-3-5570-7000/FAX:... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thai Wah Public Company Limited Acquired 33.3% Shares in Tapioca Development Corporation Limited from Japan Corn Starch, Tokyo Japan, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Wednesday, 22 May
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Japan and China look to strengthen ties at G-20 summit, even as Trump looms large CNBC - ASIA (Yesterday) - The leaders of Japan and China got off to a tense start but have made good progress in turning around their relations in recent years....
- Vote! Would Donald Trump really abandon ‘one-sided’ defence pact with Japan? Insiders suggest he’s discussed it privately SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - US President Donald Trump has recently mused to confidants about withdrawing from a long-standing defence treaty with Japan he thinks treats the US unfairly, according to three people familiar with...
- Vote! As Donald Trump threatens Iran, where are the Hong-Kong-style mass protests in the US? SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - In late 2017, most of the North-Korea-watching community was worried. The US and North Korean leadership appeared locked in a high-stakes game of chicken, with neither willing to cede any...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Teaching artificial intelligence to connect senses like vision and touch
- - Tourism still wounded one year on from Phoenix disaster
- - Analysts Unsure Why General Killed Amhara Region President
- - Trump Ratchets Up Verbal Attacks on Iran
- - House Looks Set to Pass Emergency Funding Bill for Migrants
- - Fiance of Slain Journalist Khashoggi Calls for Global Criminal Probe
- - Trump Imposes New Iran Sanctions Targeting Khamenei
- - Cambodia charges 4 Chinese after building collapse killed 28
- - More than 6,000 foreigners prosecuted for taking Thai jobs and illegal working in the last year
- - Four Chinese charged over Cambodian building collapse that killed 28 people in Sihanoukville