Thai Property development Sansiri’s $80-million investment in lifestyle brands
With growth in its core real estate business tied to the country’s economic growth, the company is targeting a larger international presence and a bigger lifestyle play to fulfil its ambitions of becoming a global brand. “We looked for partners that can help Sansiri grow further, partners that we could learn from in terms of hospitality, lifestyle, technology, innovation, and even in terms of new target audience,” says Sansiri president Srettha Thavisin. “Importantly, all six investments are in high-growth sectors in global markets which offer new sources of revenue beyond Thailand.” Of the announced $80-million investment, around $58 million will go towards US-based boutique hotel chain Standard International and its mobile booking application, One Night. The remaining is earmarked for Tyler Brûlé’s lifestyle magazine Monocle, London’s Airbnb management firm Hostmaker, Asia’s co-working space JustCo and smart indoor farm technology firm Farmshelf. Do these investments mean a shift away from real estate... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Thai Property development Sansiri’s $80-million investment in lifestyle brands, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thailand Business News'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Man killed by wild elephants
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site