Thai industry declares war on plastic pollution with ‘unprecedented’ public-private effort
EVERY MINISTRY in Thailand has agreed to curb its use of plastic bags and foam packaging as part of the government’s pledge yesterday on World Environment Day. Falling annually on June 5, the day carried the theme of “Beat Plastic Pollution” this year. “All government agencies under the 20 ministries will set examples for others to follow. They will reduce their use of plastic bags and foam containers,” Natural Resources and Environment Minister General Surasak Karnjanarat said yesterday. He said ministries would pursue tangible results so as to encourage all other sectors to halt their unnecessary use of plastic. The government had declared waste management a national agenda, Surasak added. The move follows Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha’s April 17 order for the ministries of the Interior, and Natural Resources and Environment to campaign for reduced use of plastic. Thailand has generated about two million tonnes of plastic waste per... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Thai industry declares war on plastic pollution with ‘unprecedented’ public-private effort, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Man killed by wild elephants
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Hotels urged to cut plastic use Bangkok Post (Today) - Incentives have been offered to encourage local hotel operators to use less plastic and join...
- Vote! Pollution dept, City Hall mull 'haze emergency' Bangkok Post (Today) - A worried Pollution Control Department (PCD) and City Hall are considering declaring Bangkok a "pollution...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Infographic: Urban pollution control strategies Prachatai (Today) - Submitted on Tue, 2019-01-22 03:02 In comparison to other countries, the Thai government has not...