Thai fisherman returns iPhone found floating in the ocean to American tourist
Stories of good deeds such as valuable items being returned to foreign tourists feature frequently in Thai news. Normally, it’s a taxi driver returning an item of luggage or a passport to a forgetful tourist having left said item in the back of a cab. But today’s good deed story might be the best on yet. A fisherman in Trang has been praised for returning an iPhone to an American tourist. Workpoint News reported that fisherman Roongroj Benmud found an iPhone 6 Plus in a waterproof zip-lock bag floating in the ocean while he was fishing near Koh Kradan. Roongroj plucked the iPhone from the water and was on his way to the police station to file a report in the hope that it could be returned to its owner. But before he could get to the police station the iPhone, still in working order, began to ring. Roongroj answered and on the other end was the American tourist, who the phone belonged to. According to Workpoint, the tourist had been staying in Trang with her Canadian friend and had gone swimming when the iPhone, secured in the waterproof ziplock bag, had fallen out of her pocket. The tourist, who was due to leave Trang, arranged for Roongroj to hand the phone over at the airport just moments before she was due to leave. The tourist, named only as Zari, handed over 2,000 baht to Roongroj as a reward for his good deed. Rungroj said he was just happy to help. Thai Visa / Workpoint News The post Thai fisherman returns iPhone found floating in the ocean to American tourist appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Thai fisherman returns iPhone found floating in the ocean to American tourist, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Monday, 22 April
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! 80 year old Malaysian tourist dies during Thai massage in Songkhla Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - PHOTO: Thai Rath A tourist has died during a ‘traditional Thai’ massage in a hotel in Sadao, in the southern province of Songkhla, just across the border from Malaysia. Pol Lt...
- Older News
- Vote! Malaysian octogenarian tourist dies at the hands of Thai massage lady Samui Times (2 days ago) - Police were called to a hotel in Sadao just across the border from Malaysia after reports that a tourist had died during a massage. Pol Lt Thanatsak of the Sadao...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Trump Heads to Japan for State Visit
- - Indian election results: What next for Rahul Gandhi and Congress after their flop at the polls?
- - Chartthaipattana ties knot with Palang Pracharath
- - Sri Lanka in talks with India, Japan to build container terminal in Colombo
- - Pot prescriptions possible by end of June
- - Put people first, city planners told
- - SpaceX launches 60 internet satellites
- - Corrected: British climber dies on Everest as death toll of climbers in Nepal reaches 18
- - Democrat veteran Chuan named House speaker
- - Chuan, Sompong in race for House speaker