Thai Environment Day – December 4
December 4 every year is declared Thai Environment Day. This year, according to Thai Residents, leading department stores, supermarkets, and convenience stores will not be giving away any plastic bags on that date (there’s a list of the participating stores below). “The main goal, since the establishment of December 4 to be the national environmental day is to educate the society on the negative effects of waste that we use everyday towards nature. “Thailand counts as one of the main trash producers of the world, where Thailand is currently #6 nation of the top 10 trash producers.” Nikkei Asian reports that over 3% of our trash and rubbish ends up in the oceans, further killing wildlife, and slowly destroying the planet. “The government researched the amount of plastic bags that Thai’s use everyday in 2017, and the results were shocking. “One person in Thailand uses approximately 8 plastic bags per... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Thai Environment Day – December 4, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Phuket Gazette'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington