Thai election in limbo as preparations halted
Submitted on Tue, 2019-01-08 16:11The Department of Provincial Administration issued a circular letter to provincial registrars yesterday telling them to hold back on their preparations for the upcoming general election, because the Election Commission says the Royal Decree has not been issued. The letter was issued by the Department of Provincial Administration (DOPA), signed by Venus Seesuk, Deputy Director of the Bureau of Central Registration and sent to local registrars and the Bangkok registrar yesterday, 7 January 2019. Following a previously issued letter telling registration offices to start preparations for the upcoming general election, DOPA now asks local administrators not to move forward with the preparations until informed otherwise, as the Election Commission (EC) has informed the Department that the Royal Decree for a general election has not yet been issued. On 4 January 2019, Thairath Online reported that EC Chair Itthiporn Boonprakong said that the EC was informed of... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Thai election in limbo as preparations halted, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Prachatai'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions
- - The first round of GTI Taipei & Online Games Expo 2019
- - Exhibition and business meeting event providing the latest information to supermarkets and the food distribution industry
- - Café Malaysia 2019 celebrates the country’s dynamic coffee culture and its world class achievements
- - Top US Navy Officer Urges China to Avoid Confrontations
- - Spokesman: Myanmar Army Kills 13 Rebels in Rakhine Clashes
- - North Korea's Kim Yong-chol meets Mike Pompeo in Washington
- - Radical Cleric Linked to Bali Bombing to Be Freed from Prison
- - Talks Between US, NKorea Take Place in Sweden
- - StocExpo Europe 2019 Conference Unveiled
- Older News
- Vote! Construction halted to curb toxic smog Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - Construction of electric train projects in Bangkok has been halted for seven days as the...
- Vote! PM Prayut kicks the election can down the road Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - PHOTO: The Nation February 24? No. March? April? Maybe May? PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has reaffirmed...
- Vote! Chinese dissidents in Taiwan airport limbo for over 100 days Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - TAIPEI: Chinese dissident Liu Xinglian marked his 64th birthday on Wednesday at Taiwan's Taoyuan airport,...