Thai Election in Limbo as Preparation is Halted
Submitted on Tue, 2019-01-08 16:11Department of Provincial Administration issued a circular letter to provincial registrars yesterday telling them to pause their preparation for the upcoming general election, as the Election Commission says royal decree has not been issued. The above letter was issued by the Department of Provincial Administration and signed by Veenus Srisuk, deputy director of the central registration office. It was sent to local registrars and the Bangkok registrar yesterday, on 7 January 2019. Following a previously issued letter informing local register offices to start preparation for the upcoming 2019 general election, the Department of Provincial Administration now asks local administrators not to go forward with the planned preparation until informed otherwise, as the Election Commission has informed the Department that the royal decree for a general election has not yet been issued. On 4 Janaury 2019, Thairath Online reported that Itthiporn Boonprakong, Chairman of the Election Commission,... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Thai Election in Limbo as Preparation is Halted, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Prachatai'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Hakeem al-Araibi: Bahrain says refugee footballer's life is not in danger
- - BOI recorded 900 bn baht investment applications in 2018
- - Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions
- - The first round of GTI Taipei & Online Games Expo 2019
- - Exhibition and business meeting event providing the latest information to supermarkets and the food distribution industry
- - Café Malaysia 2019 celebrates the country’s dynamic coffee culture and its world class achievements
- - Top US Navy Officer Urges China to Avoid Confrontations
- - Spokesman: Myanmar Army Kills 13 Rebels in Rakhine Clashes
- - North Korea's Kim Yong-chol meets Mike Pompeo in Washington
- - Radical Cleric Linked to Bali Bombing to Be Freed from Prison
- Older News
- Vote! Construction halted to curb toxic smog Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - Construction of electric train projects in Bangkok has been halted for seven days as the...
- Vote! Chinese dissidents in Taiwan airport limbo for over 100 days Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - TAIPEI: Chinese dissident Liu Xinglian marked his 64th birthday on Wednesday at Taiwan's Taoyuan airport,...
- Vote! Multiple protests demand 'immediate' election Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - Protests were held in Bangkok and several up-country provinces on Sunday to demand an end...