Thai cabinet extends visa-fee-waiver until after Songkran
Tourists from over 21 countries will continue to benefit from an extension to the visa fee waiver introduced in November last year. In a move to boost tourism, the cabinet has extended the 2,000 baht visa-on-arrival fee waiver, according to Tourism and Sport Minister, Veerasak Kowsurat this morning (Tuesday). The waiver was set to end on Sunday, January 6, 2019, but will now continue through the Chinese New year holidays next month and Songkran in the middle of April. The numbers of tourists arriving from mainland china had significantly dropped in Q3, 2019 following several incidents resulting in Chinesedeaths, principally the sinking of ‘Phoenix‘ where 47 Chinese tourists died. The countries included in the fee waiver include…. Andorra, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Taiwan. For the original story regarding the initial... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Thai cabinet extends visa-fee-waiver until after Songkran, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Phuket Gazette'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Ex-Nissan Chairman Ghosn Asks for Bail, Promises Not to Flee
- Older News
- Vote! Waiver of visa-on-arrival fees to boost Chinese New Year tourism Samui Times (3 days ago) - The exemption of fees for visa on arrival is expected to draw more Chinese tourists...
- Vote! Exemption of visa on arrival fees to boost Chinese New Year Phuket Gazette (4 days ago) - The exemption of fees for visa on arrival is expected is expected to boost Chinese...