Tesco profits fall despite sales surge in UK
Wholesale chain takeover spurs best UK sales in decade but new rules in Thailand and Poland cut profits and dent share priceTesco has increased UK sales at the fastest pace in at least a decade, boosted by strong growth at its new Booker wholesale chain.But shares in the UK’s biggest retail group fell almost 9% after problems at its Thai and Polish operations meant that operating profits over the first half fell about £45m short of expectations, at £933m.1) Tesco Continue reading...... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Tesco profits fall despite sales surge in UK, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'The Guardian'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington