Teachers join latest Hong Kong march
HONG KONG: Several thousand Hong Kong teachers and supporters braved thunderstorms on Saturday to start a weekend of anti-government protests, despite fears that police could adopt tougher tactics to drive activists off the streets.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Teachers join latest Hong Kong march, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Bangkok Post - Saturday, 17 August
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong's summer of protests leaves economy bruised Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: As pro-democracy protests grind on for a fourth month, Hong Kong has been left counting the cost, with the city’s tourist industry battered and businesses forced to lay...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong Activists Urge US Lawmakers to Support Protesters and Stand Up to Beijing VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Prominent Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong urged U.S. lawmakers Tuesday to support human rights and democracy in the semiautonomous Chinese territory, declaring, "The stakes have never been higher."Wong's appeal for...
- Older News
- Vote! Hong Kong leader to hold dialogue aimed at easing tensions Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - HONG KONG: Hong Kong's leader, Carrie Lam, said on Tuesday she and her team would begin dialogue sessions with the community next week, while reiterating that violence that has roiled...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Nigerian Boxing Mixes 'Bloodsport' with Mixed Martial Arts while Generating Income for Fighters
- - Explosion Kills 24 People at Election Rally in Northern Afghanistan
- - Blast kills 24 near election rally for Afghan president: health official
- - Blast outside rally in central Afghanistan kills at least 24
- - The Future of Colombia's Peace Accord in Doubt
- - Edhi Foundation Providing Homes for Pakistan's Orphans
- - Pakistan, India Join Russia-Led Military Drills Despite Kashmir Tensions
- - Ghani Escapes Election Violence That Killed 24
- - Taliban attacks kill 30, Afghan leader unhurt as bomb hits rally
- - Explosion hits Afghan capital Kabul, six killed