TAT paints positive outlook for Songkran tourism in Chiang Mai – but hotel bookings static
Chiang Mai News said that the Tourism Authority of Thailand were expecting more tourists in the north at Songkran but that hotel bookings have failed to reflect this yet. Following a rise in tourist arrivals and flights at New Year and Chinese New Year the TAT expect Songkran to be no different. A Chinese website devoted to tourism also pointed in this direction. But La-iat Bungsrithong of the Northern Hoteliers’ Association said that hotel bookings remained sluggish for the Songkran period. Though she expected occupancy to be in the 65-70% range once individual travelers are added to Chinese tour group bookings. Many visitors are expected from Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore and mainland China. Thai Visa / Chiang Mai News The post TAT paints positive outlook for Songkran tourism in Chiang Mai – but hotel bookings static appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, TAT paints positive outlook for Songkran tourism in Chiang Mai – but hotel bookings static, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Monday, 18 February
- Older News
- Vote! “Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs” – Pattaya locals go feral online Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - “Where are all the nice ones – like Americans – who spend cash and behave well!?” PHOTO: Sophon Cable Sophon Cable TV on Facebook has quoted the head of the Eastern...
- Vote! Chiang Mai Song Thaew drivers see red over Grab Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - Chiang Mai’s Grab vs traditional public transport continues. The issue has simmered for two years with occasional outbreaks of violence and an ongoing war of words on social media. Thai...
- Vote! Beam me up Phuket – new space theme hotel for the island Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - A 150 key space themed hotel is under development in Kathu, Phuket, by a Singaporean group . Located close to the Central Festival and Makro complexes, the project is expected to...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Bomb in Afghan mosque kills senior cleric during Friday prayers
- - Doctors could be dishing out weed by end of June
- - HK leader decries German asylum for 'bail jumpers'
- - Trump Heads to Japan for State Visit
- - Indian election results: What next for Rahul Gandhi and Congress after their flop at the polls?
- - Chartthaipattana ties knot with Palang Pracharath
- - Sri Lanka in talks with India, Japan to build container terminal in Colombo
- - Pot prescriptions possible by end of June
- - Put people first, city planners told
- - SpaceX launches 60 internet satellites