Tak woman is 16th rabies death this year
A Tak woman has died of rabies a year after she was bitten by a dog in Surat Thani. This takes the 2018 rabid toll to 16 dead. The latest casualty was reported by the director general of the Disease Control Department. Tao is in Thailand’s north-west, bordering with Myanmar. Dr Suwanchai Watanayincharoen says he received a report that the 50 year old woman died in Tak during the past week. He reports that the woman was bitten by a dog on the back of her hand in Surat Thani a year ago and had not received any rabies shot. The director general said the dog has no record of receiving a rabies shot either. Fifteen of the cases this year have been caused by dog bites, the other from a cat bite. Other rabies deaths in 2018 occurred in Buri Ram, Rayong, Surin, Songkhla, Trang, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Tak woman is 16th rabies death this year, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Phuket Gazette'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Phuket officials, Soi Dog continue anti-rabies campaign The Phuket News (Today) - PHUKET: The rabies quarantine zone across a large part of Phuket remains in force as...
- Older News
- Vote! Phuket officials, Soi Dog rally after dog rabies death The Phuket News (3 days ago) - PHUKET: A rabies quarantine zone has been established across a large section of Phuket as...