Syria Says Militant Attack Shuts Down Gas Pipeline
Militants targeted a gas pipeline in government-controlled central Syria, putting it out of order Sunday, according to state media.The SANA news agency didn't name the attackers. The area in the central Homs province is close to where remnants of the Islamic State group are still holed up after losing all the territory they once held in the country.SANA said technical teams are working to fix the pipeline, which links the Shaer fields to the Ebla processing plant. It did not elaborate on the extent of the damage or the nature of the attack.The agency said the pipeline carries about 2.5 million cubic meters of gas to the processing plant and onward to power stations.Islamic State militants briefly seized the Shaer fields in 2014 and 2016 before pro-government forces recaptured them in heavy fighting. Today much of Syria's oil fields and infrastructure are held by U.S.-backed and Kurdish-led forces in the east.In recent weeks, IS militants have increased their attacks against government troops, putting up checkpoints and ambushing convoys. While the government now controls over 60 percent of Syria, there is still a rebel stronghold in the northwest, where the government is waging a limited but stalled offensive. Smaller armed groups in northern, central and eastern Syria have vowed to target government and Kurdish-controlled facilities. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Syria Says Militant Attack Shuts Down Gas Pipeline, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Sunday, 14 July
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Indonesian police shoot suspected Islamic militant after officer slashed in Independence Day attack SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - A suspected Islamic militant in Indonesia has launched an attack on a police station, slashing one officer with a sickle, before being shot and taken into custody, officials said on...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Suspected Islamic militant shot after slashing Indonesian police officer with sickle in Independence Day attack SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - A suspected Islamic militant in Indonesia has launched an attack on a police station, slashing one officer with a sickle, before being shot and taken into custody, officials said on...
- Vote! Indonesian police shoot suspected militant after officer slashed Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - JAKARTA: A suspected Islamic militant has launched an attack on an Indonesian police station in the country's second-biggest city, slashing one officer with a sickle, before being shot and taken...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - German, Hungarian Leaders Commemorate ’89 Freedom Picnic
- - Phuket History: A short period of Japanese rule over the central peninsula and Phuket
- - Corner unit seaview Apartment in Layan for sale
- - Chinese K-Pop Stars Publicly Back Beijing on Hong Kong
- - Protesters Torch Parliament Building in Indonesia's Papua
- - Borghi: Italy's League Wants to Cut Taxes by Rising Deficit a Little Bit
- - German, Hungarian Leaders Commemorate '89 Freedom Picnic
- - Parliament building torched and city paralysed as thousands protest in Papua, Indonesia
- - Chinese stocks jump as Treasury yields bounce higher; Shenzhen surges around 3%
- - Thais warned against smuggling drugs into Japan