Summer storms wreak havoc in 17 provinces
The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation said summer storms have wreaked havoc to 17 provinces during April 2-6. Mr Chayapol Thitisak, director-general of the department, said the storms caused damages to 656 homes in 34 districts. Meanwhile, Bangkok was hit by summer storm last night with heavy rains in many areas until this morning. Thawi Wattana district was most hit with accumulated rainfall measured at 92 millimetres. In Lampang, flash flood swept into residential communities in Tambon Bangka of Muang district, causing heavy damages to properties as the muddy water came fast as people were asleep and could not evacuate their properties in time. Affected villagers said they did not prepare for the forest runoff as it was unusual for the flash flood to occur during this time of the year. It was the worst flash flood in 10 years, they said. In Trat province, summer storm fell down several trees on roads. A motorcyclist was slightly injured as his vehicle crashed into fallen trees on the road. In Phetchabun, a banana plantation in Nong Phai district were damaged by rain storms with more than 5,000 banana trees fell down. Banana grower Boonthan Singluck, 68, said bananas in his 9-rai plantation were ready for harvest next month, but they were damaged by the summer storm last night. Mr Boonthan said the storm caused about 300,000 baht damage to his plantation. According to disaster prevention officials, 17 provinces have been affected by summer storm. They included eight provinces in the North, five in the Northeast, three in the Central, and one in the South. The Thai Meteorological Department today (April 7) issued summer storms warning for the North, the lower Northeast, the Central including Bangkok and its vicinity, and the East, while the upper South will have more rain. Affected... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Summer storms wreak havoc in 17 provinces, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Saturday, 7 April, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Weather warning: Summer storm to hit large swathes of upper Thailand Samui Times (Yesterday) - The met office has issued a storm warning for the north, lower north east, central and eastern seaboard today. Storms with high winds and possibly hail are expected to hit...
- Vote! Weather: Summer storms moving into upper Thailand Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - Summer storms, gusty winds and hail are forecast for many provinces in the North, Northeast, East and Central regions from now into next week, with the Northeast and the East...
- Vote! Phuket, Andaman coast issued ‘Summer Storm Warning’ The Phuket News (6 days ago) - PHUKET: The Thai Meteorological Department Southern Meteorological Center (West Coast), based near Phuket International Airport, has issued as “Summer Storm Warning” for all provinces along the Andaman coast....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Two injured in shooting at Phuket spa
- - Man whose wife was shot dead in Christchurch attack has message for accused killer Brenton Tarrant: ‘I still love you’
- - In Thai Election, New 'War Room' Polices Social Media
- - ‘Traumatised and paranoid’: Malaysians in New Zealand struggle after Christchurch terrorist attack
- - Kyodo: Japan Olympic Committee Chief Takeda to Resign
- - Premchai jailed for 16 months, not guilty of leopard charge
- - China's Xi Urges Teachers of Political Courses to Tackle 'False Ideas'
- - New Zealand shooting: Jacinda Ardern vows accused terrorist will face ‘full force of the law’
- - Asia markets decline ahead of Fed meeting
- - Germany launches 5G auction amid row with US over Huawei