Summer storms warning in effect in 4 regions
The Thai Meteorological Department on Friday (April 6) warned people in the North, Northeast, East and Central regions as well as Bangkok to brace for summer storms in the next 24 hours. It said that the four regions and Bangkok would experience thunderstorms with occasional gusty winds, lightning, hail storm and heavy rains in some areas. It advised people in the affected areas to stay away from exposing themselves in the open field, under big trees or billboards. The Weatherman also predicted the possibility of flash flood and suggested farmers to take steps to protect their crops from damages inflicted by hail storm or strong wind. It attributed the turbulent weather to strong cold spell from China which has now blanketed upper regions of Laos and Vietnam and is expected to move southward to cover the upper part of Thailand and the South China Sea late today and tomorrow (April 7). In Bangkok and its peripherals, the Weatherman forecast thunderstorm covering 60 percent of the area tonight until 6 am tomorrow, with heavy rain in some areas. The mercury is expected to drop to 25-26 Celsius. The northern and northeastern regions are hot but with thunderstorms and rains in 60 percent of the areas. Some areas will be hit by hail storm and heavy rains. Temperature in the northern provinces is forecast to fall to between 21-24 Celsius and to 22-25 Celsius in the Northeast. The post Summer storms warning in effect in 4 regions appeared first on Thai PBS English News.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Summer storms warning in effect in 4 regions, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Friday, 6 April, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Weather warning: Summer storm to hit large swathes of upper Thailand Samui Times (Yesterday) - The met office has issued a storm warning for the north, lower north east, central and eastern seaboard today. Storms with high winds and possibly hail are expected to hit...
- Vote! PM concerned over public safety in northern areas because of tropical storm warnings Phuket Gazette (5 days ago) - Thai PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says he’s concerned over public safety in risk areas of tropical storms that have been forecast for the northern regions up until next Tuesday. He’s instructed...
- Vote! Weather: Summer storms moving into upper Thailand Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - Summer storms, gusty winds and hail are forecast for many provinces in the North, Northeast, East and Central regions from now into next week, with the Northeast and the East...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Two injured in shooting at Phuket spa
- - Man whose wife was shot dead in Christchurch attack has message for accused killer Brenton Tarrant: ‘I still love you’
- - In Thai Election, New 'War Room' Polices Social Media
- - ‘Traumatised and paranoid’: Malaysians in New Zealand struggle after Christchurch terrorist attack
- - Kyodo: Japan Olympic Committee Chief Takeda to Resign
- - Premchai jailed for 16 months, not guilty of leopard charge
- - China's Xi Urges Teachers of Political Courses to Tackle 'False Ideas'
- - New Zealand shooting: Jacinda Ardern vows accused terrorist will face ‘full force of the law’
- - Asia markets decline ahead of Fed meeting
- - Germany launches 5G auction amid row with US over Huawei