Sri Lanka's Buddhists mark sombre Vesak after Easter Sunday attacks
Buddhist Sri Lankans marked the festival of Vesak in low key celebrations on Saturday amid heightened religious tensions in the Indian Ocean nation following the deadly Easter Sunday attacks that killed more than 250 people. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Sri Lanka's Buddhists mark sombre Vesak after Easter Sunday attacks, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: REUTERS ASIA NEWS - Saturday, 18 May
- Older News
- Vote! Sri Lanka probes elephant cruelty at Buddhist parade Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - COLOMBO: Sri Lanka Friday ordered an investigation after a skeletal 70-year-old elephant was paraded at a high-profile Buddhist pageant in a move criticised as cruelty to the ailing animal....
- Vote! Ex-President's Brother Formally Launches Sri Lanka Leadership Bid VOA NEWS (7 days ago) - Former defense secretary Gotabhaya Rajapakse formally launched his bid for Sri Lanka's presidency Sunday, vowing to battle "extremist terrorism" in the wake of the deadly Easter Sunday suicide attacks.The 70-year-old...
- Vote! Sri Lanka wartime defense chief Gotabaya Rajapaksa launches presidential bid REUTERS ASIA NEWS (7 days ago) - Sri Lanka's main opposition party named a hardline former defence chief as its presidential candidate on Sunday, seeking to capitalise on public clamor for a decisive leader after deadly Easter...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Afghan wedding suicide blast kills 63, wounds 182: ministry
- - A Chinese Toy Story: why do adult men buy designer toys?
- - 11 killed, 4 injured in lorry-van clash in Sa Kaew
- - Phuket Opinion: The Expendables
- - Toll from suicide blast at Afghan wedding 63 dead and 182 hurt: ministry
- - The Asia Foundation Launches Education Project in the Philippines
- - Blast at wedding in Afghan capital wounds at least 20 - hospital
- - What Trump really gains by calling China a currency manipulator
- - Majority support anti-fake news centre plan: Nida Poll
- - Suicide Bomb Rips Through Wedding Party in Kabul