Sri Lankan president suspends parliament after firing prime minister
A constitutional crisis in Sri Lanka deepened on Saturday as President Maithripala Sirisena temporarily suspended parliament a day after sacking the prime minister and replacing him with a former leader seen as being close to China. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Sri Lankan president suspends parliament after firing prime minister, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'REUTERS ASIA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Inclusive plan urged to solve insurgency
- - December drop drags 2018 exports
- - Pattaya maps out water safety plan
- - Boffs to test Premchai's wife's tusks
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- - PPRP 'made a mistake' on farmers' land
- - Prawit promises better care for kids of illegal aliens
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - Sudarat, Chadchart dismiss rumours of rift
- - Prayut promises poll date 'coming soon'
- Older News
- Vote! Activists decry Sri Lankan president's praise for Duterte's drugs war REUTERS ASIA NEWS (4 days ago) - Human rights groups expressed alarm at Sri Lanka's leader on Friday for praising Philippine President...
- Vote! Oxford University suspends Huawei donations and sponsorships BBC News Asia (5 days ago) - The institution suspends donations from the Chinese telecoms giant amid continuing spying controversy....