Sri Lankan president suspends parliament after firing prime minister
A constitutional crisis in Sri Lanka deepened on Saturday as President Maithripala Sirisena temporarily suspended parliament a day after sacking the prime minister and replacing him with a former leader seen as being close to China. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Sri Lankan president suspends parliament after firing prime minister, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: REUTERS ASIA NEWS - Saturday, 27 October, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Top French Minister Resigns over Alleged Lavish Lifestyle VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - The No. 2 in the French government has resigned over reports that he has been living a lavish lifestyle at the expense of France's taxpayers.Ecology Minister Francois de Rugy said...
- Vote! Drug Gangs Behind Sri Lanka Easter Bombings, President Claims VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - International drug syndicates orchestrated Sri Lanka's deadly Easter Sunday bombings, the country's leader claimed Monday, despite earlier blaming the attacks on Islamists.The statement comes amid a nationwide narcotics crackdown, with...
- Vote! UK PM May Takes Swipe at Front-Runner Boris Johnson VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - Outgoing British Prime Minster Theresa May has leveled a thinly disguised swipe at Conservative Party front-runner Boris Johnson as she underscored the necessity of character in taking on the country's...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Pakistan PM Heads to Washington Amid Media Crackdown at Home
- - Facing Trump's Tariffs, Some Companies Move, Change or Wait
- - Documents on Trump ex-Lawyer's Porn Star Hush Payment Released
- - Russia Summons U.S. diplomat in Moscow in Protest over Visa Row
- - King I Partners with Ayla Networks to Innovate on Smart Thermostats
- - Zynga Expands Its India Studio and Moves Into New Office in Bengaluru
- - UN: Close to Deal to End Aid Suspension in Yemen’s Capital
- - US Senator Schumer Asks FBI, FTC to Probe Russia's FaceApp Over Security Concerns
- - 18th Tour of Qinghai Lake Presenting New Challenge and Adventure
- - Financier Jeffrey Epstein to Remain Jailed until Sex Trafficking Trial