Sri Lanka showdown looms as new PM loses confidence vote
Sri Lanka's parliament passed a no-confidence motion against newly appointed Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa on Wednesday, presenting a standoff with the opposition and throwing the country deeper into turmoil. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Sri Lanka showdown looms as new PM loses confidence vote, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: REUTERS ASIA NEWS - Wednesday, 14 November, 2018
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Sri Lanka president pardons hardline Buddhist monk REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena has pardoned a hardline Buddhist monk who is accused of inciting violence against ethnic minority Muslims and convicted of contempt of court, officials said on...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Fake news rampant after Sri Lanka attacks despite social media ban Bangkok Post (Today) - COLOMBO, Sri Lanka: Sri Lankan social networks saw a surge in fake news after the Easter suicide bombings a month ago despite an official social media blackout, highlighting the inability...
- Older News
- Vote! Sri Lanka likely to miss FY growth target after Easter bombings: junior minister REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Yesterday) - Sri Lanka is unlikely to hit its full-year economic growth target of 3-4% following the Easter Sunday bombings, junior finance minister Eran Wickremeratne told Reuters on Tuesday. ...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Thai Wah Public Company Limited Acquired 33.3% Shares in Tapioca Development Corporation Limited from Japan Corn Starch, Tokyo Japan
- - NIPPON Platform Has Established the Ninth Overseas Branch "NIPPON Platform OÜ" in Estonia
- - 23 bedroom Patong Guest House for lease
- - Slow loris tout arrested at Karon
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters
- - Energy Ministry girds for disrupted oil supply
- - UPDATE: Ancient cannon found off Koh Racha aged from Rattanakosin period
- - How Japan manages US trade pressure
- - Indian election: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - Asia markets slide amid US-China trade jitters