Sri Lanka president suspends parliament: cabinet spokesman
Sri Lanka's President Maithripala Sirisena prorogued the parliament with effect from 12 noon on Saturday, a day after he removed Ranil Wickremesinghe as prime minister and replaced him with former leader Mahinda Rajapaksa. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Sri Lanka president suspends parliament: cabinet spokesman, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'REUTERS ASIA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thai General Elections Set for March
- - Pakistan unveils tax cuts, incentives to boost growth
- - Call for Patong Hill caution as tour bus involved in multiple-vehicle wipeout
- - Malaysian royals to pick new king after historic abdication
- - Horse named 'Australian of the year'
- - Real Madrid take top spot from Man Utd in 'money league'
- - More gun-toting drug suspects arrested
- - German man dies after seven-storey fall in Patong
- - Thailand to hold elections on 24 March
- - Army: ‘No knowledge’ of dead activists stuffed with concrete
- Older News
- Vote! Activists decry Sri Lankan president's praise for Duterte's drugs war REUTERS ASIA NEWS (6 days ago) - Human rights groups expressed alarm at Sri Lanka's leader on Friday for praising Philippine President...
- Vote! Oxford University suspends Huawei donations and sponsorships BBC News Asia (7 days ago) - The institution suspends donations from the Chinese telecoms giant amid continuing spying controversy....
- Vote! Exclusive: Sri Lanka to receive $1 billion Bank of China loan this quarter REUTERS ASIA NEWS (7 days ago) - Sri Lanka will receive a loan of $1 billion from Bank of China before the...