Sri Lanka bombings: eight arrests after eight explosions kill 207, injure hundreds in bloody Easter Sunday attacks
Sri Lanka was locked down under a nationwide curfew yesterday as authorities launched a massive security operation following a wave of coordinated bombings at churches and hotels that left more than 200 people dead and hundreds injured.Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe condemned the attacks – which also killed dozens of foreigners, including two mainland Chinese.His government shut down social media networks in an attempt to clamp down on the spread of misinformation, while some officials…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Sri Lanka bombings: eight arrests after eight explosions kill 207, injure hundreds in bloody Easter Sunday attacks, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Sunday, 21 April
- Older News
- Vote! Sri Lanka in talks with India, Japan to build container terminal in Colombo REUTERS ASIA NEWS (2 days ago) - Sri Lanka is in advanced talks with India and Japan to construct a container terminal at the port in Colombo, next to a Chinese terminal built as part of Beijing's...
- Vote! Sri Lanka's hardline Buddhist monk walks out of jail after pardon REUTERS ASIA NEWS (3 days ago) - A Sri Lankan hardline Buddhist monk who is accused of inciting violence against ethnic minority Muslims and was convicted of contempt of court walked free from jail on Thursday after...
- Vote! Sri Lanka president pardons hardline Buddhist monk REUTERS ASIA NEWS (4 days ago) - Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena has pardoned a hardline Buddhist monk who is accused of inciting violence against ethnic minority Muslims and convicted of contempt of court, officials said on...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Narendra Modi scores a remarkable election victory
- - Deals and Coupons: New Way to Boost up the Sales of Your Business
- - Private penthouse for sale Surin beach
- - Trump takes dig at Japan for 'substantial' trade advantage and calls for more investment in US
- - China condemns Germany for sheltering HK activists
- - Trump digs at Japan for 'substantial' trade advantage and calls for more investment in US
- - Prem Tinsulanonda, Thailand’s ex-prime minister and top adviser to late Thai king, dies aged 98
- - Strong earthquake strikes northern Peru
- - All Thai Taxi freezes plan to expand fleet
- - Prem's birthplace in Songkhla draws mourners