Speeding bus kills labour official inspecting double-decker bus crash scene
A speeding bus running down the slope section of Mae Sot-Tak highway slammed into a police car and road barrier, killing one official and injuring another who were inspecting the scene of fatal bus crash that killed six Myanmar migrant workers. The repeated bus crash at the same location where the double-decker bus still rested on its side on the ditch in Muang district of Tak happened at about 10.30am on Tuesday (April 10). Highway authorities at the scene said the bus with no passengers was running down the slope section with speed and was swaying severely before veering through the traffic barriers erected to warn motorists of the presence of officials inspecting the bus crash scene. Manida Thankitrungroj, a senior specialist attached to Tak labour office, was killed at the scene, while another person was injured. Authorities said the bus was running down with speed and might develop brake failure. Speed limit was set at 40 kilometre/hour at the spot but the driver suspected to drive faster than the limit. The driver was detained by police. Meanwhile, a land transport official said the double-decker bus that crashed and killed six Myanmar workers and injured 30 others last night (April 9) was detected to be running at 109 milometres along the way on Highway 12, above the 90 km limit. Its speed while running down the slope was detected by GPS monitoring device at 70 kilometres, he said. Police charged the bus driver, Pisit Tanapakpasit, for speeding and reckless driving causing deaths and injuries to others. Mr Pisit claimed that the bus braking system didn’t function as he was driving downhill. He decided to slide the side of the bus with the road barriers to delay the speed but couldn’t make it. The bus crashed the barriers and fell into the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Speeding bus kills labour official inspecting double-decker bus crash scene, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Tuesday, 10 April, 2018
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Protests erupt in Bangladesh's capital after bus runs over student REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - Hundreds of Bangladeshi students blocked roads and set a bus ablaze in Dhaka on Tuesday in protest over the death of a student who was run over by a bus,...
- Older News
- Vote! Schoolgirl killed, 25 injured in double-decker crash Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - PRACHIN BURI: A schoolgirl was killed and 25 others injured when their double-decker bus slid off the highway in Na Di district during a field trip to Chanthaburi province on...
- Vote! One dead, kids injured in school bus accident in Prachinburi Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - Photo: Prachinburi PR Office A bus has crashed just north-east of Bangkok, killing one and injuring another 10. Wangkhon Police in Prachinburi were notified of the accident at 4:40am early...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Two injured in shooting at Phuket spa
- - Man whose wife was shot dead in Christchurch attack has message for accused killer Brenton Tarrant: ‘I still love you’
- - In Thai Election, New 'War Room' Polices Social Media
- - ‘Traumatised and paranoid’: Malaysians in New Zealand struggle after Christchurch terrorist attack
- - Kyodo: Japan Olympic Committee Chief Takeda to Resign
- - Premchai jailed for 16 months, not guilty of leopard charge
- - China's Xi Urges Teachers of Political Courses to Tackle 'False Ideas'
- - New Zealand shooting: Jacinda Ardern vows accused terrorist will face ‘full force of the law’
- - Asia markets decline ahead of Fed meeting
- - Germany launches 5G auction amid row with US over Huawei