Southeast Asia Internet economy to be worth $240bn by 2025
Southeast Asia’s internet economy, including e-commerce, online travel and online media, will be worth $240 billion by 2025, according to a study published Monday by Google, and Singapore’s Temasek Holdings. The forecast, which is 20% higher than last year’s estimate, reflects the rapid growth of new services such as online vacation rentals, and the appearance of regional startups to meet that demand. The U.S. tech giant and the sovereign wealth fund have published three reports on the sector, beginning in 2016. The 2016 and 2017 Google-Temasek reports foresaw a $200 billion internet economy in the region by 2025. This year, our research sees such drastic market acceleration that we now expect that number to be closer to $240 billion. The latest survey includes new services such subscription music, video on demand and online food delivery. These new businesses have lifted revenue estimates for the net economy as a whole. Simply put, Southeast Asia’s... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Southeast Asia Internet economy to be worth $240bn by 2025, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thailand Business News'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand leads mobile banking penetration Thailand Business News (5 days ago) - Among Thailand’s internet users, 74% access banking services via mobile devices, according to the...