South Korean police warn citizens against smoking pot in Canada
SOUTH KOREAN citizens living in Canada have been warned against smoking marijuana as they could face criminal charges when they return to their home country. The North American country recently made headlines for legalising recreational use of marijuana recently, but South Korean police have not given its citizens the green light to indulge in the drug, treating it as a serious offence. According to the Korea Times, Yoon Se-jin, head of the Narcotics Crime Investigation Division at Gyeonggi Nambu Provincial Police Agency, said South Korean smokers could face up to five years in prison, even if they consumed the organic drug abroad. SEE ALSO: The 3 Asian countries in the race to legalise medical marijuana He said South Koreans were still subject to the laws of their country. “Weed smokers will be punished according to the Korean law, even if they did so in countries where smoking marijuana is legal. There... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, South Korean police warn citizens against smoking pot in Canada, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- Older News
- Vote! China Warns Citizens About Travel to Canada VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - China issued an advisory to its citizens Tuesday, urging them to "fully assess the risks...
- Vote! China, Canada diplomatic row escalates with death sentence Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - BEIJING: A diplomatic spat between Beijing and Ottawa intensified on Tuesday as Canada warned its...