South Korea’s economy facing ‘perfect storm’ as Japan trade dispute continues and exports plunge
As the foreign ministers of China, Japan and South Korea gathered for trilateral talks in Beijing on Wednesday to improve relations, a stark reminder came of the perilous situation South Korea’s economy is in.Exports for the first 20 days of August fell 13 per cent from a year earlier, signalling a ninth successive monthly decline. Within the headline figure, two numbers illustrate the “perfect storm” facing the country: sales of semiconductors – one of its most valuable exports – fell 30 per…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, South Korea’s economy facing ‘perfect storm’ as Japan trade dispute continues and exports plunge, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 22 August
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Tropical Storm Warning Discontinued in Bahamas VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - The Bahamian government has discontinued a tropical storm warning as Humberto moves away from the island nation struggling to recover from Hurricane Dorian. The U.S. National Hurricane Center said...
- Older News
- Vote! South Korea’s complaints about Rising Sun ‘war crime flag’ fall on deaf ears in Japan SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Conservatives in Japan have dismissed South Korea’s attempts to “politicise” next year’s Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games by demanding the controversial rising sun flag with rays be banned from stadiums due...
- Vote! Japan’s ‘economic sanctions’ against South Korea will backfire: Chinese ambassador to Seoul SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - Qiu Guohong, China’s ambassador to South Korea, on Wednesday said Japan’s “economic sanctions” against South Korea would backfire and would have to be retracted, “as other countries will have to...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Afghan Government Says Elections First, Peace Deal Afterward
- - Bangkok losing its gloss
- - Congo: Confirmed Ebola Deaths Near 2,000, Cases Over 3,000
- - Osama bin Laden's son Hamza killed in U.S. raid, Trump says
- - Phuket Opinion: Dangling the carrot
- - Tropical Storm Warning Discontinued in Bahamas
- - 'Bull' Wins Top Prize at Deauville
- - Zimbabwe's Mugabe Gets Tepid Turnout at Final Public Sendoff
- - Afghan Taliban send team to Russia after U.S. talks collapse
- - US Hospital Ship Dispatched for Migrants in Trinidad and Tobago