Songkla hospital saves British man, 78
The Prince of Songkla University Hospital has performed Bt1-million worth of special surgery to save the life of a retired Briitish naval officer for humanitarian reasons and is organising donations to send him back to the UK. Kenneth George Smith, 78, told reporters from his hospital bed that he appreciated the help from the Songklanagarind Hospital, run by the university, so that he could return home to see his daughter and grandchildren. Dr Ruangsak Leethanaporn, director of the hospital, said the patient was transferred from the Samui Hospital with swelling of an artery in his abdomen that was about to burst and become fatal. Ruangsak said the hospital had to perform a complicated endovascular aortic repair (EVAR) in a hybrid operating room. Ruangsak said the hybrid operation caused over Bt1 million but the hospital did it for humanitarian reasons to save the man’s life as he was in a critical... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Songkla hospital saves British man, 78, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence
- Older News
- Vote! Strong shirt saves lucky girl from fatal rooftop plunge Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - KANCHANABURI: A very lucky young girl was saved from certain death when she fell from...